Mary poppins 50 year anniversary

lukeowl

I've given this it's own thread as I think it's too big for the guest suggestions. I know that SM must have tried to get Julie Andrews & Dick Van Dyke before for Autographicas past, but what better chance to bring them to the show and publicise this as an event as next year marks the 50th anniversary of one of the best loved family films of all time. The door would be open for not just Julie and Dick, but also Karen Dotrice who played Jane. Matthew Garber sadly no longer with us, along with the late great David Tomlinson of course.

Please please please try to make this happen SM. I'm sure there must be many more like me who would pay silly money to meet either Julie or Dick - and indeed Karen.

You could also look at doing a Bedknobs & Broomsticks reunion at some point - Anglea Lansbury, Bruce Forsyth, Cindy O'Callaghan, et al.

I'm sure any guests from classic Disney movies would be most welcome, but would love to see Mary Poppins' 50th anniversary celebrated in style at Autographica.

• Like 1

I like you're thinking and think that Julie & Dick would be a perfect fit for a show like this. I would certainly look to spend top £££ on these 2 and I'm sure others will to.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Nick,classic Disney guests would be great.

My personal favourites are:

-Julie Andrews (Mary Poppins)

-Dick Van Dyke (Mary Poppins)

-Glynis Johns (Mary Poppins)

-Karen Dotrice (Mary Poppins)

-Angela Lansbury (Bedknob and Broomsticks)

-Dean Jones (The Love Bug)

-Michele Lee (The Love Bug)

-Kurt Russell (The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes)

-Jon Provost (The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes)

-Jan-Michael Vincent (The World`s Greatest Athlet)

More suggestions?

Best

Helmut

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not a film I'm obsessed with, but did always enjoy it on TV, and realise how legendary it is. Would happily meet Dick or Julie. As for Bedknobs and Broomsticks - definitely. LOVE that movie and have always wanted to meet the cast. Even Bruce Forsyth I really always think of as being from that instead of the presnter everyone else knows. Angela Lansbury is a must and would be the perfect guest for Autographica.