Who was your favourite guest?

miltonbones

Torri Higginson because she was so glamorous, but also lovely and sweet! She was giving me compliments and said I must be cold and rubbing my arms to warm me up! She was so lovely, I'd have loved to wrap her up and take her home with me!

Also, the sexy Alfie Allen. I'd have taken him home with me as well, but for other reasons... :whistling::wub:

All my guests were great. Jenna Louise Coleman and Billie Piper were smiley and personable in our brief enounters. It was fab to finally meet Lou Ferrigno (I am a big Incredible Hulk fan but was too nervous to meet him last time he was here at LFCC), Julian Sands (I have seen Warlock so many times) and Duncan Regehr (for both DS9 and V). Henry Ian Cusick, Malcolm McDowell, Eric Millegan and Rupert Young were very nice, even though I couldn't think of anything interesting to say to them. The GoT actors I met (Alfie Allen, Ellie Kendrick, Luke Barnes, Mark Stanley and Gethin Anthony) were all friendly and chatty. But John Rhys Davies was my absolute favourite. Such a wonderful guest!

Edited by CosmicAvatar

Everyone I met was great, was glad to get to speak to Gillian Anderson this time as LFCC was a little rushed. Had a brief chat with her about her current series The Fall (which if you are not watching it you really should be). Alfie Allen, Gethin Anthony and Ellie Kendrick were all really friendly. Meeting Jenna was always going to be brief but she was great. Special mention to Roberta Tovey, a lovely lady and a real pleasure to meet, hopefully Showmasters will get her back as the blu ray's of the two Dalek movies were not available before the event.

everyone I met was great but I am going to shout out to the wrestlers as they havent been given a mention yet (victoria asides)

all of the them were great both signing and in photo shoots, very chatty and a good laugh which seems to be standard for every wrestler at every event so far, keep bringing them in please!

everyone i meet during Saturday / Sunday were amazing no bad encounters. even the brief ones with Billie & Jenna were great. highlights included -

Gillian who had a funny, embarassing moment with the person before me & was delighted to hear how much i'm enjoying The Fall.

Gethin was amazing - so friendly, funny, charming, coming out from behind the desk to do photos with everyone.

Ariana was lovely - talked about the chance of her being in JP4 & the new 3D version of the first film.

Steven - a great guest i've mentioned in his thread already.

John Leeson & Mat Irvine were really chatty - Mat was happy to hear i had 2 copies of his SFX book from the 80s!

Alfie, Ellie, Charles, Neil, Anjili, Luke, Mark - were also all really nice to meet & chat with.

Bonnie - was a sweetheart - and it was so nice that she created a frenzy in the morning & had to be moved to a bigger area!

now broke after a great weekend! thank you SM

All the guests I met were really nice but the stand outs were

1. The wrestlers amy Dumas(lita) who I was slightly nervous about meeting she was main reason i went to collectomania and a special mention to Tara/Victoria who like all the other tna wrestlers are the nicest people you can meet.

2. Anjli Mohindra who was lovely she was the last guest for to get an auto from and with al the Americans I'd spoken to I forgot she was British. She like my t shirt when I explained it was a uk grime(rap) t shirt she started talking street which was very funny.

Always a fun day

Ken Kirzinger without question. Friendly and really came across as though he was happy to meet us all. I was second in the queue for his Saturday photo shoot and while the photographer was doing his finally checks before starting Ken turned to us and to fill in the time started having a very normal chat with us & told us about doing the promo work for Freddy vs Jason. Later at the signings he was really cool too, not just with me but with thoughs ahead of me in the queue. Am so looking forward to meeting Robert Englund later this year.

• Like 1

Malcolm McDowell and John Rhys Davies were super-amazing, friendly and fun. I really hope Showmasters can tempt them back for future events.

Special mention must also go to Spice Williams, Bonnie Langford, and Julian Sands who were nice enough to give us a wave and a big smile as we went past, even though we weren't actually in their lines at the time.

Let's face it though, every single guest was wonderful. =)

John Rhys Davies is a legend. Talked to him about Sliders and he was quite forthcoming about where the show had gone wrong and how he thought it should have been done. Also managed to get a posed photo with him despite the signs saying he wasn't allowing them. I could have listened to him for a lot longer.

Bonnie Langford was lovely and took time to try and make everyone feel welcome.

Jacqueline King was very friendly and was happy to pose for photos.

Anjli Mohindra was very pleasant, she seemed to be really enjoying herself

Other guests who I found to be lovely were: Richard Franklin, John Leeson, Jenna Louise Coleman (very brief signing but she looked like she was enjoying the experience) and Lou Ferrigno (didn’t say a lot but gave a little wink when he handed back the signed photo)

A special mention should be made for Billie Piper who was signing as I waited for Bernard Cribbins. I had already got an autograph and she had posed for a photo even though we hadn’t asked and then in the 10 minutes we waited for Bernard she must have signed at least 150 posters / pictures/ canvases etc. She had obviously got hand/wrist cramp and I believe one of her contact lenses was playing her up. It was early afternoon so she had already done lots of autographs and she never once moaned or complained she kept smiling and chatted to people as they came up to meet her.

I had a very worthwhile time across the weekend and had the following highlights:

Gillian Anderson - Although my time with her was brief she loved The SImspons picture I had for her to sign, commenting that it was on the second one she had sgned that day. We also commented on how much colder it was since the last time she came over.

Ariana Richards - She was surprisingly busy saturday but she took the time to speak to everyone and didn't rush through. She seemed genuinely touched by the amount of people who came to see her. She liked the pic I had of her (Covered in mud screaming at the T-Rex) and was lovely to talk to. She happily answered my question about Jurassic Park 4 despite us both commenting that she'd probably answered similar questions across the whole weekend. Lovely woman.

Richard Poe - I was meeting Richard for his appearance in Fraiser as "Chopper Dave" and he was more than willing to talk about his time on the show. I found him to be so very pleasant and it was nice to talk about non Star Trek related work.

Ken Kirzinger - Great Guy. Reminder me of Robert Englund in how he made everyones experience personal to them. He didn't just give brief answers but elaborated on the subject matter. I asked him about the rumoured Freddy vs Jason vs Ash film that was to be written, and Ken was more than happy to discuss the pitfalls into why the film never got off the ground.

Bonnie Langford - Just like Ariana, she was very busy but spent so much time with everybody. I mentioned that the first time I saw Bonnie was on the Sooty Show & she instantly knew what episode I meant. Lovely woman, so pleased I got to meet her.

Tara - Wonderful!! She was so open and friendly and we talked for ages about her TNA, WWE & OVW career. As a huge wrestling fan this experience could not have been BETTER. I bumped into her a couple of times over the weekend and she always remembered me, stopped to talk and say hello. Lovely.

Bernard Cribbens - This man was super friendly and approachable. He's like your fun grandad!! I've been wanting to meet Bernard for years to this was one of the biggest highlights of the weekend. Bernard was more than happy to do funny poses during his photoshoot and do re-takes. He and I done a great pose, hoping he comes back again soon.

Apologises if I have waffled but just wanted to share a few experiences.

• Like 1

it had to be meeting amy dumas aka lita for me i have waited over 20 years to meet her and she blew me away how nice she was had a chat with her and she has to be one of my best signers of all time would love to meet her again worth the 190 mile trip she was my reason to go

Malcom McDowell - was unable to attend the Manchester collectormania he attended bout 6yrs ago so delighted do so this weekend. Seemed interested sign a Aces High pic epse with having one of Peter Firth from it and when hung up be facing each other. Me- I still think Roger Ebert was over harsh in his criticism of Clockwork Orange. MM- Mans a bloody fool/idiot. *pause* He's dead now

Bonnie Langford - wonderful lady, chatty and great to speak to.

Mary Ellen Trainor - had a good talk on Hollywood's obsession on remakes,prequels & sequels. Both agreed that there must be enough writers out there who could come up with an original idea.

Mark Stanley & Luke Barnes - great pair and saw the results of a doodling contest between them on someone else's picture with both them in, which she had show to Gethin. Thought it was so great that on way out actually went tell Mark how great I thought it was.

Leeds Utd 72 - great to meet them had good chat with some them Mick Jones (Blades connection), Mick Bates- great talk about the whole 'celebrity' culture and how neither of us get it nor did the crew member with him. Johnny Giles interested as I was wearing a Galway GAA top and why, Eddie Gray- commentates on all Leeds games and I said knowing your luck it'll be Yeovil away midweek. EG:- Please no! Not that! We also came conclusion that Leeds, Sheff Utd & N'castle Utd fans are all feeling the same in regards to the team and whether or not renew season tickets that perhaps all 3 need drop Utd from their name!!

Jacqueline King - lovely lady had good talk about 55 Degrees North which I thought was great. Told me that to get a 3rd series they needed get 7million they got 4.5/4.7 million. Discussed how some viewing figures can be distorted and compared to how some things are done in USA.

John Rhys Davies is a legend. Talked to him about Sliders and he was quite forthcoming about where the show had gone wrong and how he thought it should have been done. Also managed to get a posed photo with him despite the signs saying he wasn't allowing them. I could have listened to him for a lot longer.

Bonnie Langford was lovely and took time to try and make everyone feel welcome.

Jacqueline King was very friendly and was happy to pose for photos.

Anjli Mohindra was very pleasant, she seemed to be really enjoying herself

Other guests who I found to be lovely were: Richard Franklin, John Leeson, Jenna Louise Coleman (very brief signing but she looked like she was enjoying the experience) and Lou Ferrigno (didn’t say a lot but gave a little wink when he handed back the signed photo)

A special mention should be made for Billie Piper who was signing as I waited for Bernard Cribbins. I had already got an autograph and she had posed for a photo even though we hadn’t asked and then in the 10 minutes we waited for Bernard she must have signed at least 150 posters / pictures/ canvases etc. She had obviously got hand/wrist cramp and I believe one of her contact lenses was playing her up. It was early afternoon so she had already done lots of autographs and she never once moaned or complained she kept smiling and chatted to people as they came up to meet her.

Should also have mentioned Roberta Tovey and Bob Wilson who were both friendly and very approachable.

I only came to meet a couple of guests at this one - but Alfie Allen was the highlight for me! He was a fab guest, really friendly, chatty, awesome! Even remembered and used my name (from my personalised auto) when he said goodbye; I think he's the only guest I've met that's done that... - really wished I'd bought a photoshoot with him now! Please bring him back SM, so I can rectify not having done so!! :0)

I only met Kenny Baker (legend!), Christopher Judge (Indeed!), John Rhys-Davies (made me sign an autograph for him!!) and Ariana Richards (her smile was hurting :) ). All of them were brilliant. Still giddy and starstruck a week later.. lol :D