Best Collectormania in years! Fun in the sun ;-)

Every year the show gets better, love it!

The designated doors worked beautifully.

Well organised and even the weather was brilliant this time - came back with a light tan. The guests were all superb. A very well done to all involved.

6 photoshoots and 14 autographs - all done with no hassle and with huge amounts of laughs along the way.

but just one thing.........that dealers room sure does get busy and hot!

oh just one more thing.....roll on LFCC

• Like 2

I obviously went on the wrong day, it was freezing on Saturday!

Yep it was lovely outside on Saturday but bloody freezing in there! It was slightly warmer in there yesterday. Very busy on Saturday at some points quite dangerous in my opinion but much more pleasant yesterday. For me one thing that ruins it is the dealers. Being behind them in queues when they are getting 30 goalie gloves signed and 75 footy shirts and a whole crate of boxing gloves signed is a nightmare! :no: Got everything I wanted though eventually :smile:

Yep it was lovely outside on Saturday but bloody freezing in there! It was slightly warmer in there yesterday. Very busy on Saturday at some points quite dangerous in my opinion but much more pleasant yesterday. For me one thing that ruins it is the dealers. Being behind them in queues when they are getting 30 goalie gloves signed and 75 footy shirts and a whole crate of boxing gloves signed is a nightmare! :no: Got everything I wanted though eventually :smile:

Surely there has to be some sort of limit...

Edited by Zahariel

Seriously Jonathan???

Dealers shouldn't be able to get crate worth full signed :/

Seriously. As Jack Charlton arrived on Sunday we were walking past and thought 'great I'll get my programme and shirt signed there's only one guy waiting there.' he turned round and said to me 'I'd come back later if I were you as I've got about 100 shirts for him to sign' !!!

Edited by jonathan

You'd think so wouldn't you. Fair enough money is money to the organisers so why would they turn away business like this but it is very inconvenient for others. Over the course of the weekend I had about 20 odd items for Dennis Lawson and Kenny Baker to sign but out of courtesy for others I did it in batches and went to them 2 or 3 times over the weekend.

On some occasions to make things worse because all the sports guests were on Open queues the dealers were just joining their friends in the queues and adding to the pile of items rather than joining the back of the queue.

You'd think so wouldn't you. Fair enough money is money to the organisers so why would they turn away business like this but it is very inconvenient for others. Over the course of the weekend I had about 20 odd items for Dennis Lawson and Kenny Baker to sign but out of courtesy for others I did it in batches and went to them 2 or 3 times over the weekend.

On some occasions to make things worse because all the sports guests were on Open queues the dealers were just joining their friends in the queues and adding to the pile of items rather than joining the back of the queue.

I'm also of the opinion that it annoys the guests sometimes knowing that this stuff is just being sold on and that can put them in a less than ideal mood to meet the next few people in the queue. Luckily it's not really happened to me that I've been aware of but what's been described just sounds ridiculous.

:( I think that Dealers should be given a time slot for getting autographs or maybe they pay in advance and the autographs can be signed inbetwreners fans eg.) guest a signs 3 before another San comes and so on and so on

:( I think that Dealers should be given a time slot for getting autographs or maybe they pay in advance and the autographs can be signed inbetwreners fans eg.) guest a signs 3 before another San comes and so on and so on

Thats a good idea. I did see an SM crew member give Jacquine Hill a big batch of things to sign but said just to do it when she gets free moments where she's less busy. Perhapse that it what needs to happen with dealers things too.

Thats a good idea. I did see an SM crew member give Jacquine Hill a big batch of things to sign but said just to do it when she gets free moments where she's less busy. Perhapse that it what needs to happen with dealers things too.

SM always have stuff for the guests to sign but you will notice it is during their downtime and if you go up to the guests they'll stop signing that stuff and attend to you. Thing is a few of these dealers were also far from polite. One of them with a stack of stuff in front of me so i asked him politely if he would let me go in front as I had 3 items compared to his hundred and something..he said 'no, I was here before you so no'

Seriously. As Jack Charlton arrived on Sunday we were walking past and thought 'great I'll get my programme and shirt signed there's only one guy waiting there.' he turned round and said to me 'I'd come back later if I were you as I've got about 100 shirts for him to sign' !!!

Tbh he should have let you jump ahead and get your auto, then let Jack go back to signing all those shirts!

It was a great weekend and well organised. The weather was good but was still chilly in the stadium, I think it is too exposed. It is better than it used to be but still not great and would be awful in colder weather. I certainly hope one day it will all be indoors. Other than that I had a great time.

SM always have stuff for the guests to sign but you will notice it is during their downtime and if you go up to the guests they'll stop signing that stuff and attend to you. Thing is a few of these dealers were also far from polite. One of them with a stack of stuff in front of me so i asked him politely if he would let me go in front as I had 3 items compared to his hundred and something..he said 'no, I was here before you so no'

That's rude :(

I do know one dealer now who is very nice and they seem to be genuinely friendly

However I think that dealers should be coming second. This after all is a collectors fair not a fair for dealers to get massive stacks.

Personally I did not have any dealers do this to guests I was seeing so I can't really input much however from what you said I think it's unfair for you and for that reason maybe Showmasters need to limit autograph amounts after all I doubt a fan needs more than 10 autographs from a single person

Tbh he should have let you jump ahead and get your auto, then let Jack go back to signing all those shirts!

Thanks, sadly he did not

That's rude :(

I do know one dealer now who is very nice and they seem to be genuinely friendly

However I think that dealers should be coming second. This after all is a collectors fair not a fair for dealers to get massive stacks.

Personally I did not have any dealers do this to guests I was seeing so I can't really input much however from what you said I think it's unfair for you and for that reason maybe Showmasters need to limit autograph amounts after all I doubt a fan needs more than 10 autographs from a single person

Well actually some fans to get more than 10 autos from one person especially if they have a lot of personal items they need to sign. However, with the minit being 5 they normally go up to the guest twice instead of doing it all in one go.

There was a guy who was being nice and letting people with the odd item go in front but there were a group of them who were quite the opposite sadly. I got many items signed by a few guests but I didn't do it all at once to be fair. I did them 5-10 or so at a time over the weekend to be fair. But they're doesn't seem to be a limit of 5 now as on the ticket where they circle how many items you've paid for it goes from 1-5 then other where they write in '9' '12' etc. The dealers had special tickets with the amount of items written on. The dealers were mainly interested in the sports guests and this posed more of a problem because the sports guests were day specific and were signing for a shorter time than other guests while also taking breaks for lunch and photo shoots.

Otherwise a successful weekend.

There was a guy who was being nice and letting people with the odd item go in front but there were a group of them who were quite the opposite sadly. I got many items signed by a few guests but I didn't do it all at once to be fair. I did them 5-10 or so at a time over the weekend to be fair. But they're doesn't seem to be a limit of 5 now as on the ticket where they circle how many items you've paid for it goes from 1-5 then other where they write in '9' '12' etc. The dealers had special tickets with the amount of items written on. The dealers were mainly interested in the sports guests and this posed more of a problem because the sports guests were day specific and were signing for a shorter time than other guests while also taking breaks for lunch and photo shoots.

Otherwise a successful weekend.

Ive always been told that there is a limit of 5 so that everyone gets a chance to meet certain guests.

But they're doesn't seem to be a limit of 5 now as on the ticket where they circle how many items you've paid for it goes from 1-5 then other where they write in '9' '12' etc.

As a general rule if the guest has VT's in operation it is a maximum of 5 per person per go. If you want more you have to queue again. However if the guest is open queue the limit doesn't apply (unless the crew member/cash person feels like the queue is too long to allow more at that time) :-D I can't comment on the dealers cause I have no idea how it all works but hope this helps answer one question for you

Again though is this rule in play any more? I always thought it was 5 per guest at a time and Ive never noticed on the tickets a space for them to write in another number like they are now. I had more than 5 done at many VT guests 6 or 7 at many guests. I asked when paying if that was OK and was told yeah thats fine. On the tickets they crossed through the numbers 1-5 and there was a box which said 'other' and they wrote it in. I think thats fine as people (including myself) tend to get more and more signed by each guest. But I wouldn't dream of standing there getting 100 items done at a time like the dealers do.

Edited by jonathan

This will sound weird, but I didnt feel it was much different to last year or the year before. For me it was just as awesome and well run as always.

But, it does seem that this event has had more positive reviews. My only theory can be that the last few years people have let the (admitidly) horrible weather colour the rest of the event for them. This time we had sun and more of a roof and it's 99% positive feedback :P

• Like 1

Again though is this rule in play any more? I always thought it was 5 per guest at a time and Ive never noticed on the tickets a space for them to write in another number like they are now.

The rule still applies, and should be enforced.

The box has existed for quite some time now, at least a year, probably longer.