To the two girls crewing for Gillian Anderson on Saturday, at 4pm.

Siriusly.Black

To the two girls crewing on Gillian Anderson's queue from 4pm onwards, the girl taking the cash at the front of the que was lovely, friendly and chatty which kept myself and my brother entertained while we were waiting :). And then when we were moved down to the front there was another girl, with longish blonde hair ((she was sitting next to Gillian)) she was also talking to me and my brother while we were waiting for Gillian to come back from her break :). Just wanted to say a big thank you, you guys were very lovely and made the wait an enjoyable one :). Not forgetting Gillian, who was absolutely amazing :). Thanks guys x

Edited by SiriuslyBlack

One of the major plus points for me about SM events is how great, friendly, smiley and helpful the crew members are. At non SM related cons I find the crew quite patronising and rude but SM events have crew who are a pleasure to deal with often making the guest experience even more special.

Kind of like a great support band before watching one your favourite bands :-D

• Like 1

I agree with you :), these two yesterday were particularly lovely. Wish I could remember their names :(, I remember one said she travelled from Cardiff ((she was the one sat next to Gillian)). Anyway, I hope they both see this lol.

Thanks again ladies, in total we waited around 45 minutes to meet Gillian, and you guys made that time fly by.

Hi there I'm the blonde scot from Cardiff. THANK YOU so much for your kind words. Crewings always fun but hard work and hearing that we made something easier or added to the experience always makes me smile.

• Moderators

I have to echo Liza: thanks for taking the time to say something so nice :) I was taking cash for Gillian on Saturday, and I'm glad we could make the wait feel shorter!

• Like 1

Hi amber08, no problem. I just thought it would be nice to show my appreciation. Queuing can be tedious lol, so it was nice to have someone to chat to. It didn't feel like 40 odd minutes, only felt like 10 :D.

Hi etmuse, no trouble at all :). It was nice having someone to have a little chat with and thank you for showing us some of your autographs, they were cool :). I hope you and amber08 enjoyed the rest of your time there? :)

Lol at etmuse. It's the same for people with piercings and tattoos "I'll get just one ;)" and before you know it, you're a walking pin cushion and art canvass :). So if I crewed once, I'd more than likely do it every year after that lol.

I might give it a go next year, all my work holiday time is booked up for other things :(.

"I'll give it a go this once and see how it goes..." <- me, 14 events-crewed ago...

Had similar idea like that years ago - I'll give this a go and see how it goes...........hundreds or a thousand pints cider later :angel::drunk::lol:

Excellent, thankyou.

Think I will apply for future cons. Sounds like a great experience.

...........hundreds or a thousand pints cider later :angel::drunk::lol:

And not at all for this reason ;)

Probably best to cover myself and try say that I was meaning when first turned 18 didn't know what I'd like drink so tried out cider thinking be good idea...............ain't looked back since. Never done any crewing or even sent email but admittedly have thought about it several times

• Like 1