Archie gemmill left early?

snedders

Could someone explain why guests just leave when they want? Very disappointed at the moment as one guest I really wanted to meet was Archie gemmill. I went to his table but just missed him as he had went for lunch, then I decided to eave it till later to get him. I went back at 2.45 and asked when will Archie be back? And with a uninterested don't interrupt me while I am texting response from the event staff, I was bluntly told he has gone home with no other explanation and back to her phone.

Do showmasters have no control as to when guest can leave? Surly they must be rules in contract regarding times etc. ok I was there for another few guests but I travelled 5 hrs to event so I am sure guests could sit it out for the duration of the day????

Well if this is the case it should highlighted? No mention at all of that. If they turn up early doesn't mean you should Finish early? If I go to work early that doesn't mean I can leave early, you have contracted hours.

If you check the guest days and prices thread it does highlight that most of the sports guests were only scheduled to be there until 3pm but if they've been quiet for a while, I guess they may feel there's no point hanging around and leave. Other guests sometimes leave early when things go quiet rather just sit there getting bored.

Yeh if a guest has been sitting not signing for a while they are aloud to go after all what's the point for then waiting for maybe 1 person when they could be cold etc.) Generally you should always go well before they are scheduled to leave

Well if this is the case it should highlighted? No mention at all of that. If they turn up early doesn't mean you should Finish early? If I go to work early that doesn't mean I can leave early, you have contracted hours.

Unfortunately it is not as simple as that. The event is open from x-z, and while most guests are there for the advertised times sometimes they have to leave earlier than intended. This maybe for any number of reasons (other work may pop up which will always take priority - that is a contractual thing), and if it is for a personal reason then while the organisers will be informed the guest assistant may not be made aware of the details for obvious reasons. At most events the sports guests usually start later and finish earlier than the event hours. As mentioned above it is mentioned on the forum in the guest days/prices thread, http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79322

Apologies that you missed out on this occasion. Hopefully he will be at a future event that you can attend.

• Showmasters Admin

we are human not machines things change the world dose not run on time , we are here to try to make it work on time but there is a lot things out there more powerful than showmasters that stops us :-)

we do try though :-)

• Like 1