What a weekend

grantweiler

Days 1 & 2 done and dusted. What can I fault...in short nothing. Lovely crew, memorable guests - a tickling John Rhys Davies and flirty Bernard Cribbins instantly come to mind. Can I just say about John - what a really lovely guy. Ive been a fan of his for such a long time and it was lovely to see that he was as great as I hoped he'd be. Others that come to mind were the very nice Torri Higginson (who loved my jacket) and Malcolm McDowell (who I had a lovely chat with about the upcoming third season of his show Franklin and Bash). Shots with K9 and the Iron Throne also came out beautifully and talking of beauty i'll never forget the joy as a Doctor Who fan of meeting Jenna Louise Coleman, Billie Piper, John Leeson, Anjili Mohindra, Bonnie Langford and the really funny Richard Franklin. A top show with a very lovely and helpful crew (especially the girl who helped me get into John Rhys Davies autograph queue early and the Iron Throne crew who were just brilliant when their camera broke down and they held my place when I had to shoot off and do my last 2 shoots) Showmasters you should be proud of yourselves - thank you!!

Edited by Grant Wheelwright

Yes overall an excellent show and venue (though the dealers area was totally chocker) had to wait to monday to have a good proper look around.The only wobble i would say was to be greeted by a load of mesh construction barriers right by gate 3 when i joined the q for Jenna well i was about fifth or sixth but hey at least i got to meet her.The Double Tree hotel is fantastic and is the best hotel i have stayed in and is excellent for having a breather now and then. Plus free car parking as well awesome. Safe to say that is here i will be staying from now on when i attend future shows at MK. The crew i found this time were better trained in people skills and all seemed genuinely happy to be there which was a big help esp the lady who found my sharpie that i had left at Billies desk thanks for that as those pens are not cheap. All in all a damn good show, now i just need to regenerate myself and my wallet.