Carers ticket question

Sheppy dreamer

From my experience of being accompanied by a person who is going solely as my carer, and therefor does not have a normal VIP/Gold/Silver/Standard ticket, no a carer does not get a registration pack. All the carer might/should get is a ticket/badge thingy like all attendees wear but with 'Carer' written on it (instead of Gold 52 for example) so that they can accompany you. If the same system is being used as for the last few events for marking off when a normal attendee has had their free autos and photos, by punching relavent holes in the badge, then all these holes will be punched from the carers badge at registration. (People only going as a carer can not have autographs or photos)

The carer must be with the atendee at registration.

If you might find an extra schedule for a carer handy (as my carer does, to make sure I am where I need to be) I suggest printing off a spare one before the event (see TooTall's schedule thread) or finding photocopying facilities at the hotel, which I assume they have.

Also, if it hasn't happened already, it should have been cleared with Massive Events before the event that the attendee can have a carer :)

Hope that has helped.

• Like 1

I cannot answer that as my carer, who is not a fan and goes under a Carer ticket, has never bought any photos or autographs for themselves. I would say that Daniel should talk (nicely) to those on the registration desk and to TooTall (the really tall guy in a red shirt) at the event, explaining that he has bought photo sessions while only having a carer ticket, to see what they can do.

I know others who take carers, who are also fans, and the carer has then bought a normal ticket (Gold/Silver/Standard etc) so they can fully participate in the event. I believe that the specific Carer ticket is intended for those who purely go to the event to look after the normal attendee needing care/assistance. If I have misread what you have written, and Daniel does also have a Gold/Silver/Standard ticket, then there shouldn't be a problem.

I am suddenly concerned that I have assumed something that is incorrect:

I have written my earlier posts thinking that there is an attendee with a normal Gold/Silver/Standard ticket that needs extra care/assistance and that Daniel is going to provide care for this person, but has not actually got one of these for himself and just is going under a Carer ticket. If so than what I have said still stands.

It has suddenly occurred to me that Daneil might actually have purchased a Gold/Silver/Standard ticket for himself and you have just linked this to the Gold/Silver/Standard ticket of the attendee who needs care. If this last part is the case I may have just caused you unnecessary stress :S

Nope you were right, Kim is blind so contacted the event for advice and was told that her ticket would come with a carers one so instead of the two she was going to get she only bought one. Then we topped up with extra photos and stuff for both of them. No-one said there would be a problem. Plus they are only 16 and I won't be there so they might struggle to sort things out themselves when they get there.

Finally got through to someone this morning after Daniel and Kim had already left. They were very nice to the nutty woman almost in tears trying to figure this out. Spoke to a man who said it was fine to use his photo passes and buy autographs while he is there.to not worry there are plenty of people there in case the teenagers get into difficulty. Think the biggest stress I had was the kids going on their own but hopefully everything will be ok now. Next year I am buying full passes and going myself to watch over them.