i had a fun day and enjoyed the show :-)

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

well i thought i would put this thread up as we had around 65.000 fans here today and Jenna's line went to open queue at 3.40 and if anyone stayed to the event you would have gotten to meet all the guests that attended this years show, so i think that was a big victory as the line up was a very stonge line up .

the venue fork our next event will use twice the space at this Mays event much more on this in the next few weeks so the space issues will not exist.

so if you have a cool nice fun day then lets here it here so the crew and everyone involved heres the good things from there hard work and the guests also see how much pleasure you all got from them being there for you .

full debrief in the next few days but all in all 10s of 1000s of people getting what they come for .

see some of you again over the next two days

showmasters

• Like 7

I had a really fun day too. Best guest definitely had to be John Rhys-Davies, he is such a friendly and hilarious guy who genuinely comes across as enjoying himself meeting everyone. In fact meeting him on Saturday has turned me into more of a fan than I already was. Definitely going to be actively seeking out the films on his filmography that I haven't seen to watch them.

• Like 3

Had a great day - got to see everyone we wanted to and get pics with everyone too Torri Higginson was my favourite- such a lovely lady. JRD was hilarious too cant wait to get my photo later today.

Big thanks to the crew, you do a fab job! :)

Edit; just a thought but I can totally understand the need for no personalisation. However when I met Richard Dean Anderson at another con he had a pile of pre signed that he wrote your name on. It worked quite well- wondered if that's a personal thing or something the con organisers could suggest?

Edited by Clairebear14

I had an awesome day!

I went yesterday and met Robert Llewellyn and got my 'Man in the Rubber Mask' signed, so friendly and as I was complimenting him on the book he started to yell to the que that I had enjoyed it, and held it up to promote it. My friend also mentioned we went to see them film the new series he mentioned them filming next year. Really nice to meet him.

I also got a photo with Jenna, that was incredible, I was surprised how short she was though, but still very nice and I felt extremely privileged to have met her.

I never thought I would be coming up today though, but as we were going to go to Ikea, I really wanted to meet Craig Charles so I popped in earlier and got a awesome signed print and my series X bluray signed! Again i mentioned going to see 'Fathers and Suns' and he said 'Yeah that was a difficult one, me pretending to be drunk! Dunno where I get that from' Once again a lovely and friendly guest!

I had a brilliant time, this was my first Collectormania and after the time I've had up there, it won't be my last ! :D

• Like 1

Really enjoyed both sat and sun, I've had my issues with the photoshoot distribution at these events in recent years but the new system is so much better and really takes a lot of stress out of the weekend. Very impressed with the majority of staff as well and all the guests I met were friendly enough, with special mention to Ellie Kendrick, Torri Higginson and Chris Judge.

Hi, I wanted to compliment the Showmasters crew for a job well done. The layout of the venue was logical and meant getting from one photoshoot area to another was easy and didn't waste time. Having the map of the venue and where guests were located was so useful for my planning in advance. This Collectormania seemed so smooth running everything seemed well organised. I particularly wanted to compliment your team responsible for photoshoot area B. I had a clash between Duncan Regehr in B and Julian Sands in photoshoot area A. When I explained this to the lady in the red fleece in Area B (sorry I didn't ask for her name) she put me to the front of the queue after gold pass people. This was perfect timing as by the time I was getting to photoshoot area A Julian Sands was towards the end of his queue. If it was not for that woman helping me I would have missed it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

It was a brilliant day and ALL the guests I met were wonderful and chatty. My favourites were Malcolm McDowell, Julian Sands, Duncan Regehr, Chris Judge and Gillian Anderson. I still cannot get over how lovely and friendly Malcolm McDowell was, he's a legend and a gentlemen.

The crew were their usual fabulous selves. Met lots of lovely guests. Am very happy with my photos . Saturday was, predictably, a bit of a squish, but anything I didn't get done then I managed on the Sunday, so that's another successful event weekend for me!

• Like 2

I only attended on Saturday - it was a great show, I saw everyone I wanted even though I didn't arrive until just after 9:30am, and I can't wait for the next one! Will be glad when the dealers get a bigger space though, as it was awful trying to walk around in there and you couldn't really look at anything without being pushed along by the general crowd...

Special guest mentions for being absolutely lovely go to Torri Higginson, Julian Sands, Rupert Young and Henry Ian Cusick; all of whom took time to chat and put nice personalisations on my autos. I also love my Iron Throne picture - thanks so much for bringing the chair to CMMK!!

I only attended on Saturday - it was a great show, I saw everyone I wanted even though I didn't arrive until just after 9:30am, and I can't wait for the next one! Will be glad when the dealers get a bigger space though, as it was awful trying to walk around in there and you couldn't really look at anything without being pushed along by the general crowd...

Special guest mentions for being absolutely lovely go to Torri Higginson, Julian Sands, Rupert Young and Henry Ian Cusick; all of whom took time to chat and put nice personalisations on my autos. I also love my Iron Throne picture - thanks so much for bringing the chair to CMMK!!

Agreed with you on that, Rupert Young was the best guest ever :D

I can only echo what I wrote on another thread, and that it was a great day. I only attended Saturday, going just to meet Ariana and Jenna who were both first class.

Ariana was very obliging seeing as I wanted 11 prints signing. I got to spend a good five or six minutes chatting to her.

Jenna was the same. I started queuing to see her while she was at dinner and I was first in line when she returned. She took the time to have a little chat, and so did her mum. She asked me where I wanted my print signed and even in which colour.

The crew members I spoke to were all helpful and chatty, especially the guy who was organising Jenna's queue. Didn't catch his name - bald head with long Mohican, chesterfield fan, you know who you are.

Congrats to all involved, I had a great day.

So many different topics with variations of the same theme.

Am not as trigger happy with my wallet as I have been on previous occasions and this is for one or two reasons, so yesterday I wasn't too sure what I would be getting and what I wouldn't but had ideas of who I would definitely like to meet.

Briefly met Ariana with a Friend :)

Must have been quite late in the day when I decided upon getting Denis Lawson to Sign my Star Wars Complete Saga BluRay and when I met him I asked if he could sign next to his nephew (aficionados wont need any explanation as to who his nephew is) so I thought that kind of spanned the whole saga.

I definitely wanted to meet John Rhys and when I got to his table (whilst holding my Fedora) was all in a panic getting my Raiders DVD cover out and he calmly said "Take your time." with a Sallah smile. After he finished signing I put on my Fedora and told him who had Signed it to which he seemed very impressed, he noticed Mr. Spielberg on it and he asked:

"Would you like me to sign it?"

My response was something along the lines of I didn't have the money or I haven't paid, his response:

"Don't worry about the money."

As he took it off my head and Signed.

Definitely the high point of yesterday. (Afterwards whilst still wearing the Fedora I saw Henry Jones Jnr and Snr in the line and thought it would be an awesome opportunity to get a posed photo with them) thanks guys (if you two are reading this you definitely both look the part :) )

When Craigs line was very quiet I went to have a brief but important word with him, always lovely to meet Lister.

I might get some backlash from this but you say you had around 65,000 people attend which is fantasic and I love Showmasters conventions and I love that an event is free to get in etc BUT would it not make sense to maybe charge for this event as well but I don't mean London prices, I was just reading that and thinking if they charge even £1or £5 max for a ticket that's £65,000/£325,00 extra and I would happily pay that small entrance fee if it ment that, that money helped to get bigger and different guest not to mention keep them running for many more years to come PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG IM NOT COMPLAINING that an event is free and considering the parking is free as well its an amazing thing I wish all events were free but it just got me thinking that's all, there might even be a reason why it's free, I don't know. Just a thought anyway please don't hate me

You know, last year I mentioned something similar to do with LFCC. As most of the talks seem to be paid talks now when they were previously usually free, I'd rather they up the entrance fee by £1 if it meant most of the talks could remain free. The amount of people that attend LFCC paying £1 extra would surely generate much more profit than the limited people paying £10-15 to sit in on a talk. Showmasters would be happy with the profit. attendees would be happy as £1 really wouldn't be missed as opposed to the £10-£15 each they'd have to fork out on different talks, it would be win win for all.

I might get some backlash from this but you say you had around 65,000 people attend which is fantasic

Don't intend to get the thread off topic as I had a good two days and had great experiences meeting everyone but I don't understand where that number can possibly come from when you have no ticket sales or count how many come through the doors. Unless I'm missing something (and apologies if I am) it's pure speculation how many people where there.

Doesn't mean it wasn't a good and well attended event though. Just my opinion.

Fantastic event, run by fantastic people and fantastic crew. I managed to get all I needed for people (well over 125 autographs) in the 2 days I attended. Not a massive fan of the tight venue but as Jason said above plans are afoot for that.

I think its great that the show is free and so is the carpark, in this day and age nothing is free :)

Favourite guests were Glyn Baker, Gillian Anderson, and Ellie Kendrick but its so hard to single of names. I took my 10 year old son with me and so many of the guests made him feel so welcome, his highlight was Gillian Anderson giving him sweets lol.

Keep up the good work and roll on LFCC and Cardiff :)

Jason

This was my first event I have been to since 2011 and my first event since I have been ill and registered Disabled and I have to thank everyone involved with Showmasters for making this weekend so much fun, The crew were lovely and went out of their way to either get me to the front of a queue or at least join without a VT as it is too painful to stand for long periods .... the organization was 100% improved from my last event which was LFCC2011 especially the Photo Shoot collections (I am so happy that I walk away with my picture in seconds). My family had a great time as well and I think we actually managed to get my wife to enjoy herself (she has never been a fan of the shows and ALWAYS used to complain but this time she has really enjoyed it) which is a miracle :smile: Meeting Jenna & Billie in one weekend was amazing. I'm looking forward to LFCC and all I can say is ..... Keep up the good work everyone, you are doing a great job :clap:

I had a blast, Ken, Gillian, Lou, Tara, Lita, Malcolm and John Rhys, were all amazing and such a laugh to talk to. I got high fived by Tara and she was having a good laugh and a chat with me for ages. The Crew? Equally amazing, and all the stalls and the people working on them were great and a good laugh as well :). Then the cosplayers? All were really great sports, had no problem with posing for photos or anything. Really great day, thanks a lot SM :) <3

I think John Rhys-Davies was my favourite. Been wanting to meet him for ages and kept missing him in the past. Gethin Anthony was super chatty and great too. Gillian was fabulous in the Q&A although I didn't get her autograph again, Bernard Cribbins is simply a legend and a constant part of my childhood and was so funny and lovely, and although I didn't need anything else signed by her, had a nice little moment with Torri Higginson in her photoshoot which I wasn't expecting knowing how quick these things are, so that made up for not going to see her.

Also nice to have a proper chat with Chris Judge this time. Seemed more relaxed than at LFCC last year and I got to experience that great laugh of his (and thanks to the crew member taking the money for him for seeing me struggling with my poster tube, dvd sleeve and a bag and letting me leave it all with her while I went to see Chris). I'm getting good at juggling it all but it really helped.

Didn't meet many guests this year, just 8 but they were all fabulous and seemed to appreciate the interest people were taking in them.

You know, last year I mentioned something similar to do with LFCC. As most of the talks seem to be paid talks now when they were previously usually free, I'd rather they up the entrance fee by £1 if it meant most of the talks could remain free. The amount of people that attend LFCC paying £1 extra would surely generate much more profit than the limited people paying £10-15 to sit in on a talk. Showmasters would be happy with the profit. attendees would be happy as £1 really wouldn't be missed as opposed to the £10-£15 each they'd have to fork out on different talks, it would be win win for all.

To stand a decent chance at getting in the busy talks you'd need early bird anyway, so there'd be no point including it in the standard entry. I'd rather get in £5 cheaper and pay £5 a time for any talks than be paying for talks I'm not attending.