C20 in Nov & LFCC in Oct?

Zagreus

I always book a cancel-able hotel for any event I WANT to go to, so then nearer the time I either already have something sorted or can just get rid of it.

Apart from booking time off of work, you dont have to decide anything that fast. It's months till either of these new event dates

• Like 1

I personally like the idea of a second LFCC in the year. Not sure if I can attend C20 as it does clash my personal plans.

I definitely would consider Winter LFCC (prefer the same rather than a whole host of numbers XD). It really comes down to guests and where its being held. As I'm travelling quite far it has be somewhere that is easy for me to get to that isn't too costly.

Any way, I am happy with the announcement, especially for Winter LFCC as it is my fave event of the year.

If this is true, showmasters must have some good guests announced and be getting more and more contacts to make sure their new cons are filled with new and old guests, can't wait to see what comes of theses, for all we know it may have just been a misprint on both flyers ;)

No one is making you go. As with everything in life, you pick and choose and go with what you can afford.

Thing is, moving MK to later gives the builders even more extra time (how much do they need?) to get the hall ready so we'll be inside.

Work permitting, I'll be at both LFCCW and CM20, even if it's just for a day or to hang out. I didnt meet any guests this weekend yet had the best time, so I can do these things pretty cheap.

I agree. I always see who the guests are and that's what makes me decide on what I go to. Sometimes you just have to be strict with the finances, like I'm skipping Chevron this weekend which I'm gutted about but with LFCC just a few weeks away, that's more important.

They are close together which isn't great but we'll just have to see once guests are announced and then decide.

Same here was really looking forward to Chevron however, with last weekend and London coming up I couldn't justify the expense.

I'm going to have to be quite picky with events from now on.

No one is making you go. As with everything in life, you pick and choose and go with what you can afford.

I've noticed when you start to pick and choose you start to become more picky.Starting the end of June I've potentially got 13 events in 11 weeks! So somethings got to give, and right now the LFCC is the most expendable for me. Which seemed very odd to even consider when I did my list last week. But then I remembered it was only the eleventh hour addition of John Simm that made me go last year. Of course now theres a second one in winter it probably makes it easier to skip the summer one. I did notice on Saturday booking a hotel for the Winter one the hotel website already said London is busy that weekend - but I've no idea what else is on.

• Moderators

It all depends on what everyone wants to go to really.

Like for me, Milton Keynes was my first event this year! So it gives me plenty of time to save up etc between events, and sure there'll be more towards the latter part of the year, but unless you want to go to every event out there then it's not that bad.

I know people don't have infinite money but there's plenty of time for people to get organised if they want to.

Hmmm CM in November... Are we thinking a big DrWho reunion for the 50th anniversary? :whistling:

Well there were several Doctor Who events just either side of the anniversary who were basically told No! and cancelled. But its possible a generic signing show might slip some guests in under the radar.

I always book a cancel-able hotel for any event I WANT to go to, so then nearer the time I either already have something sorted or can just get rid of it.

Apart from booking time off of work, you dont have to decide anything that fast. It's months till either of these new event dates

I do exactly this. Book my rooms as cancel-able rooms just in case something crops up, or the guest line up isn't very good. I don't have as many events this year with the Twilight and True Blood events now not running so gives me a few more options.

Just because SM build it, doesn't mean to say you have to come. As DavidB said, I'll have several things close together, but it was a quiet winter for me. My savings will take a hit while I pay out for things up front, but I can then pay myself back out of future months' paychecks.

I know everyone's situation is different, but with a little planning, you may find you can do more than you think. I'm planning on cutting down my Starbucks habit - a) I'll save some money which can pay for more photoshoots, and B) I'll lose some weight so I look better in the photos. Win win ;)

Oh - and I think SM do vouchers for photos, right? So maybe if you have birthday coming up (or later, Christmas), family could buy you a voucher for a photoshoot/autograph. The pre-paid voucher I bought at CMK19 didn't have any event or expiry date on and I did check with the crew if it would be event specific (i.e. only CMK) or if it was transferable to any SM event - in case I changed my mind about getting Eric Millegan's autograph. The girls I spoke to thought they were transferable, so if the mods could confirm that? That way if you were bought vouchers for presents but no guests were confirmed that you wanted, you could save them for future events.

• Like 2

Try coming back from California that month. It will not only feel like you are coming back straight to winter, it will feel like you landed in Antarctica. :lol:

Agreed! I've done it twice now, after celebrating my birthday stateside, Jetlag plus seasonal shock... quite a combo!