C20 in Nov & LFCC in Oct?

Zagreus

Whilst I am happy there will be 2 Milton Keynes events this year, I am concerned about having at the current venue in Oct/Nov. The venue has improved but still isn't suitable for cold weather. I know there are some indoor areas but the guests could be outside for about seven hours throughout the day. We were lucky with the weather this weekend but we all know how unpredictable it can be. Will it ever be completely indoors?

Whilst I am happy there will be 2 Milton Keynes events this year, I am concerned about having at the current venue in Oct/Nov. The venue has improved but still isn't suitable for cold weather. I know there are some indoor areas but the guests could be outside for about seven hours throughout the day. We were lucky with the weather this weekend but we all know how unpredictable it can be. Will it ever be completely indoors?

Believe the plan is for the arena to be ready for november, cant see anyway its feasible to hold the event outside in Mid November

No it's London comic con on 5th and 6th October this year.

Can we get confirmation on these dates - I wasn't at MK19 so haven't seen the flyers and there isn't anything official on here about the 2nd LFCC. Though luckily I have already booked those dates off for Brighton Comedy festival...

Might make a 2nd LFCC - will be a busy schedule for my first conventioneering year

No it's London comic con on 5th and 6th October this year.

Can we get confirmation on these dates - I wasn't at MK19 so haven't seen the flyers and there isn't anything official on here about the 2nd LFCC. Though luckily I have already booked those dates off for Brighton Comedy festival...

Might make a 2nd LFCC - will be a busy schedule for my first conventioneering year

I only bought LFCC photoshoots on Friday and those were for July.

Ok, if it helps everyone, here's photos of the flyers showing the new CM20 and WInter LFCC shows/dates. LFCC in July is still on as normal. Apologie for the size, wanted to make sure they were clear,

Thanks for those. Assuming WLFCC replaces EMS, I might do it. Not sure about WCM though (I'm just adding W for Winter to things, I forget which number event we're up to otherwise). I really need to watch how much more I spend on events as this year is being quite a big one for theatre and conventions, plus a planned holiday to New York. It'll be great to experience and look back on, but I don't want to completely empty my savings!

Sounds just like they are using the LF&CC 'brand' to replace EMS. Makes sense to build one brand rather than having lots of similar shows with different names. After all there are really on minor differences in the content of the different shows.

No one is making you go. As with everything in life, you pick and choose and go with what you can afford.

Thing is, moving MK to later gives the builders even more extra time (how much do they need?) to get the hall ready so we'll be inside.

Work permitting, I'll be at both LFCCW and CM20, even if it's just for a day or to hang out. I didnt meet any guests this weekend yet had the best time, so I can do these things pretty cheap.

• Like 4

No one is making you go. As with everything in life, you pick and choose and go with what you can afford.

Thing is, moving MK to later gives the builders even more extra time (how much do they need?) to get the hall ready so we'll be inside.

Work permitting, I'll be at both LFCCW and CM20, even if it's just for a day or to hang out. I didnt meet any guests this weekend yet had the best time, so I can do these things pretty cheap.

I agree. I always see who the guests are and that's what makes me decide on what I go to. Sometimes you just have to be strict with the finances, like I'm skipping Chevron this weekend which I'm gutted about but with LFCC just a few weeks away, that's more important.

They are close together which isn't great but we'll just have to see once guests are announced and then decide.

And you can always decide to skip guests in order to go, or skip an event for more guests at another. If I need to I'll drop an event/activity for another/others

Yep. You're not forced to go to anything. yes you might miss some guests but no point bankrupting yourself over a hobby. There was a time in the early days of me going to these things (I started with CM4) when I just met one or two people and missed loads. Now it's not such an issue but I still prioritise where I need to.

Enjoy it and don't feel you have to go to them all. At least we're being given the opportunity. More is better than none isn't it?

Edited by Rockstar6662