Gillian Anderson Q&A/Panel Sunday 11.30am (proceeds to charity)

l0islane

This has been posted in the general Gillian Anderson thread but it could easily get lost in there and it's for charity so I thought I'd start a new topic.

Gillian Anderson is holding a Q&A panel for only 50 people in the Doubletree Hilton Hotel at 11.30am on Sunday 26th May to raise money for the charity SA-YES. Please visit the website to find out further details and to book your ticket (£35).

http://gillian-anderson-talk-for-sa-yes.myshopify.com/

Thanks

This is wonderful! Thank you! We booked our tickets but I'm not sure I'll be able to get to a printer because I'm at a hotel, will my confirmation email be ok on my phone?

Don't worry, that will be fine :)

Only 5 tickets left, get them while you can!!

Would just like to say that this was brilliant. Clearly there were people she knew at the front but the whole thing was so relaxed and informal it was great. Good, interesting questions about a variety of topics which Gillian threw herself into answering. Even I managed to ask one which I'm not sure I would have done in a larger setting. It was so intimate, microphones weren't needed and it felt like having a conversation with a group of friends.

Hopefully some good money was raised for the charity and a few of the photos I took can be found here https://picasaweb.google.com/howard.crowe/Collectormania19

We travelled down from Manchester for the Q&A and it was definately worth the journey.

Gillian was eloquent, witty and really engaging to listen to. With just 50 people in the room it felt really intimate. She even shared her chilli chocolate around - my mouth is still burning!!!

Thanks to Cathy for arranging such a terrific event and a big well done for raising so much for the SA YES charity.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gillian was eloquent, witty and really engaging to listen to. With just 50 people in the room it felt really intimate. She even shared her chilli chocolate around - my mouth is still burning!!!

Yeah, that was too hot for me but what a great way of breaking the ice.

I agree, it was fantastic! You're absolutely right about the intimate feel of the event, it was so chilled out and had a really friendly feel. Also it was very nice to have a talk of that length (an hour) - it didn't feel rushed at all, everyone asked really good questions and I think we all had a chance to ask what we wanted to, it was really fun :)

Thanks for sharing those pics!

I agree, it was fantastic! You're absolutely right about the intimate feel of the event, it was so chilled out and had a really friendly feel. Also it was very nice to have a talk of that length (an hour) - it didn't feel rushed at all, everyone asked really good questions and I think we all had a chance to ask what we wanted to, it was really fun :)

Thanks for sharing those pics!

No problem. I hope it's ok to do so given the relative private nature of the event.

The questions were great, covered a nice range of topics and focused on her rather than some of the embarrassing things you get at other events and thankfully not an endless stream of "what did you think of this episode of the x-files?" etc. A lot of it maybe wasn't new to a lot of the hardcore fans there but I definitely felt we got to know more about her and how she approaches her work. Very glad I went.