Chevron 8.1 - Date Announced

Massive Events

Brill! Is there a venue for it yet?

Just confirming venue as we speak! :-) I expect it to be The Radisson Edwardian, Heathrow! :-)

Mark :-)

Oh. That's a pity. Love the venue for the con events but I had a bit of a catalog of disasters here last time, including a room with no heating and a replacement room where the ceiling leaked. Birmingham is much better.

Wow, bad luck on the room! Mine was perfect, I LOVE the Radisson!

Me too. Never nice when people have problems but can only say it's been great for me. Really like it there and I think the atrium works really well for the con, easy to get between photos and autograph room and a great open space just to hang around in and chill. Even better when my room is on the same level and I can just pop back when I need to.

Anyway, given the dates I should be able to go dependent on guest announcements. As I suggested earlier tho, if it is at the Radisson an online booking facility would be awesome this time. I do struggle sometimes getting it done over the phone.

It is a really good venue in lots of ways. Just hope that I have a luckier weekend next time...it all ended with my new car being dented in the car park!

I don't really want to complain but Birmingham is so much easier for those who live in the wilds outside the SE. and much fairer on travel costs. Sat in the Hilton now and it was a long but easy drive whereas I have to fly to London as that is the only way can do it without exhausting myself for school next day.

• Like 1

I don't really want to complain but Birmingham is so much easier for those who live in the wilds outside the SE. and much fairer on travel costs. Sat in the Hilton now and it was a long but easy drive whereas I have to fly to London as that is the only way can do it without exhausting myself for school next day.

Well they can't please everyone, for me Birmingham is a serious trek, (and of course costs a fortune to get there too). Personally, I think alternating between the two is a great idea, it means that no one is constantly getting the short straw.

• Like 3

Well they can't please everyone, for me Birmingham is a serious trek, (and of course costs a fortune to get there too). Personally, I think alternating between the two is a great idea, it means that no one is constantly getting the short straw.

I agree...now that money is tight I have to make decisions as to which events I can travel to...I've had to pass on this one taking into account other events I've already paid for elsewhere...but holding next year's nearer home means that I may more than likely make the decision to go to 8.1 ....I think splitting them between the two and alternating is an excellent idea...

Plus Heathrow has a much better choice of food places imho....

• Like 1

Any word on guests from the show?

Yes. Joe Flanigan, Rachel Luttrell, Robert Picardo, Martin Wood, Patrick Currie.

Not a bad lineup but I've met most of them before and don't really need to again. Will have to think about it.