Message from David Hewlett

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

I was speaking with David and he wanted me to let you all know that he is SO looking forward to seeing everyone! :smile: It's been a long time since he has been over to The UK for an event and he is super excited about the weekend!

He also mentioned that often people bring gifts for him or Baz and whilst it is so very sweet when people do he usually has a real problem getting them all back on the plane to Canada. He has therefore asked if I could let you all know that he would prefer that people didn't bring him gifts this time as although he loves receiving them it does cause him a nightmare at the airport! (I can just picture David now with arms fully loaded with teddy bears trying to check them in without their passports)! Lol! :smile:

If anyone does specifically still want to bring him anything then he has suggested a donation to Doctors Without Boarders would be awesome and that if you print the receipt from that donation then he will happily sign it for free! Obviously he does not want people to feel they have to do this, just if they wanted an alternative to a gift.

Anyway, David can't wait to see you all next week and is really looking forward to the weekend.

Thanks

Mark :smile:

• Like 2

Totally understandable and a very good idea. This is why I love the Stargate fandom, the generosity and thoughtfulness of its fans is only matched and even sometimes outweighed by that of it's actors.

Edited by Ophelia
  • Like 3

Am I the only one who panicked when they read 'A Message from David Hewlett'? I thought he'd cancelled, Don't do that to me! Also what am I supposed to do with this bag of lemons now?

Well you know what they say: when life gives you lemons - make lemonade, put a bit of vodka in it and have a really good Friday night ;)

Edited by Ophelia