Same weekend as the World Cup Final

What is this Cup of Worlds you speaketh of?

Its an international competition where people make cups. ;)

Then perform the dreaded cup song :spew::grump::crying:

Would explain why most people watch it in the Pub then...

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 1

If the World Cup was being held in England or even in Europe, it may have affected something. Anyone travelling there for it booked a while back id bet. Final starts at the end of Sunday, and if England manage to pull off getting to the final it would just add even more excitement to a great weekend and people will disappear and watch wherever as it would be something you could enjoy at any populated drinking establishment. And to Wolverneil, football may suck in your opinion, but then im guessing theres many out there that think the same about cons........ each to they own, Gonna be a cracking weekend whatever, cant wait....

The thing that concerns me is that it clashes with two other conventions this year. I almost didn't book for LFCC because of this. It's only because it's closer then the other one that I decided to go for London.

I wouldnt worry about it to be honest. The chances of England reaching the final is slim at best. Snowballs and Hell spring to mind actually!

I personaly do not think The World Cup Final will impact on LFCC in any way. You either come to the show OR you spend the day in front of the goggle box watching the build up to a game involving two countries you have no connection with whatsoever!

I know where I will be on the Sunday anyway :whistling:

• Like 2

Oooh you know isn't it? Soccer mmmarvelous enduring image though isn't it ? Arnt they? Will they? Wont they? But you know its a far cry these days isn't it from small boys in the park and jumpers for goal posts. Marvellous stuff someone mentioned Wimbledon and you summer the crowds those short short shorts on the ladies of course none of that nonsense back in my time. mmmm strawberries.£20 a punnet mmmm enduring image though isn't it? Chalk dust everyone could see it was chalk dust mmmmmm you know marvellous.

• Like 3

Oooh you know isn't it? Soccer mmmarvelous enduring image though isn't it ? Arnt they? Will they? Wont they? But you know its a far cry these days isn't it from small boys in the park and jumpers for goal posts. Marvellous stuff someone mentioned Wimbledon and you summer the crowds those short short shorts on the ladies of course none of that nonsense back in my time. mmmm strawberries.£20 a punnet mmmm enduring image though isn't it? Chalk dust everyone could see it was chalk dust mmmmmm you know marvellous.

BEST POST EVER!

• Like 1

You sir win the internetz.... :coolthumb:

• Like 2

I think there are a number of people being quite ignorant about the football here. Yes there will be a big portion of the audience of LFCC who won't be interested in the football and yes it is unlikely England will make the final..........

however.....should England make the final, of course it would have an impact on numbers. It's ludicrous to say it wouldn't. It is the number one sport in the country, they haven't made a final for nearly 50 years (its coming up to 20 years since they even made a semi final). If they miracoulsy made the final, the media hype would be in over-drive the whole week leading up to it, there would be parties everywhere, special events, pubs would be packed out, even non football fans would end up watching such an occasion. I suspect a number of the UK based guests would be keen to be involved and possibly cancel the sunday to join in the festivities.

Whether you love football or can't stand it, to say numbers wouldn't be affected by England making the final is utter garbage. That said, the chances of it happening aren't overly high so a calculated risk by Showmasters

I think there are a number of people being quite ignorant about the football here. Yes there will be a big portion of the audience of LFCC who won't be interested in the football and yes it is unlikely England will make the final..........

however.....should England make the final, of course it would have an impact on numbers. It's ludicrous to say it wouldn't. It is the number one sport in the country, they haven't made a final for nearly 50 years (its coming up to 20 years since they even made a semi final). If they miracoulsy made the final, the media hype would be in over-drive the whole week leading up to it, there would be parties everywhere, special events, pubs would be packed out, even non football fans would end up watching such an occasion. I suspect a number of the UK based guests would be keen to be involved and possibly cancel the sunday to join in the festivities.i

Whether you love football or can't stand it, to say numbers wouldn't be affected by England making the final is utter garbage. That said, the chances of it happening aren't overly high so a calculated risk by Showmasters

I think it is more likely that Jason will announce Glenn Miller and Lord Lucan doing signings on the Sunday than England making the final.

Ps but I have nothing against dreaming :-)

Edited by Anorak
  • Like 2

Everyone did go a little footie mad back in 1996 and we only got to the Euros Semi-Final then !

Would I like England to win the World Cup, of course, do I think they will win the World Cup, not a chance, we'll do well to get out of the group stages, so I am going to confidently predict this will not be an issue for the LFCC.

Everyone did go a little footie mad back in 1996 and we only got to the Euros Semi-Final then !

Would I like England to win the World Cup, of course, do I think they will win the World Cup, not a chance, we'll do well to get out of the group stages, so I am going to confidently predict this will not be an issue for the LFCC.

Not everyone. I've never watched a football game in my life; and I'm in my thirties!

I prefer to watch my favourite club play football (Liverpool) than my national team (England). At least Liverpool almost won the league and ended up doing really well last season (hoping they actually win it next season tho lol) whereas with England lets face it they are probably going to be the same as the previous World Cup games and end up not even getting to the semi-finals let alone finals.

I have no interest in the World Cup any more and despite (imo) the not so good guest lineup for me at this years LFCC I'm much more excited about that than watching England fail miserably again

In fact the only football match I'm looking forward to atm is the Soccer Aid match on Sunday where 2 rather sexy fellas will be playing (both of which are in my Guest Wishlist in my sig lol) so if SM managed to get any of those 2 or even Mourinho (doubtful I know xD) I'd probably consider being more happier with the guest lineup, now excuse me whilst I go dream of Sundays match and sexy fellas in shorts :wub: