Same weekend as the World Cup Final

• 2 weeks later...

Now if Showmasters wanted to be sneaky they could try and get David Beckham, Alan Shearer and Gazza as guests to push people's loyalties even further.

Personally it's footy and I couldn't care less even if England make the final. I didn't even know Andy Murray was in the final let alone that he had won Wimbledon until the day after. Sport = Zzzzzzzzz

The World Cup is in Brazil so I doubt the final won't kick off till around 8pm our time, so plenty of time to go to the show and then get home or to a pub to watch it if you want. I go to football on Saturdays but for the Winter LFCC I won't go to footie on that weekend as I'd rather come to the show.

• 3 weeks later...

I like football but i'm not very social about it so recording the game and watch it afterwards would be no problem for me, but i perfectly understand that most people want to see it live at pub/home with buddies... Don't go think that most geek/nerds don't like sports because you don't, that would be a mistake, specially in England who's known to be a football lovers country. And i'll even add, a World Cup Final is something that any football fan is going to want to watch even if his country isn't playing, it's one time every 4 years. It's not one of the most followed event in the world without reasons. Imo if those dates were to remain the same, that would be a big mistake. Guests (they won't come if they have to do a long trip that could make them miss the game), regular people, a lot of persons would prioritize such an event over a conv.

Edited by Vonsid

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

To be honest I don't really care about the final I'm not one of those cliché teenagers who is football mad I'd much rather go to LFCC than watch football at a pub or at home haha and to be brutally honest it's not like England will be in the final anyway :P

Edited by Gmorris2504

• 5 months later...

I specifically have planned my trip to LFCC around the World Cup final asI'm sure other would to. The Final is at 8pm on the Sunday and I'll be attending LFCC on the Friday and Saturday and going home Sunday after so will make it home for 5pm. I highly doubt World Cup will affect the attendance for LFCC

Edited by DullyEL

It's paid work, so I'm guessing the guests would choose work over football? Besides the event will be over by then (and judging by this awesome line up, I don't think the fact it's the final has put anyone off!!) you never know, if and I stress 'if' England did get through to the final, imagine the buzz on the Sunday!! I personally will be nursing a hangover from my birthday shindig on Saturday, so will be under a duvet all day and night probably !!

• Like 1