Same weekend as the World Cup Final

I'd care if it was England but let's be honest on the chances of that happening..

More chance of Scotland winning it and they ain't even going qualify!!

Now Now. That is even more hopeful than England not going out on a penalty shoot out. Scotland have to qualify, and that is rarer than

a penalty against Man United at Old Trafford with Howard Webb as ref.

I'd care if it was England but let's be honest on the chances of that happening..

More chance of Scotland winning it and they ain't even going qualify!!

Now Now. That is even more hopeful than England not going out on a penalty shoot out. Scotland have to qualify, and that is rarer than

a penalty against Man United at Old Trafford with Howard Webb as ref.

Please continue. I think England do better when there is less public expectation.

• Like 1

Quite poor planning to be honest. Especially in terms of getting guests. Particularly British guests, if they are any sort of football fan then they won't be going to LFCC. It is THE biggest match in football that only comes round once every four years

Tend to agree there. Regardless of whether England are in the final or not, there are large proportions of most nationalites in this country so say Germany, France, Italy etc etc reach the final there is potentially a large fanbase that will want to watch. Even as you say, neutral fans will still want to watch the biggest match of all in football.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Poor planning? Honestly, it's just football. I'm a huge fan but I'd take this over a game between two countries I don't support. For many people that don't like football, this will be a great escape! ;)

• Like 5

Poor planning? Honestly, it's just football.

I think that is being quite naive, whilst in the 'real world' yes it is just a sport - however it shouldn't be underestimated the influence it could have on attendees or guests. Should England make the final - do you really think any British guests will want to miss it? You can kiss all the sporting guests goodbye especially as it would be the first final England have made since 1966 - the whole country will be watching the game!

Even if England don't make the final, the world cup final itself is the most viewed thing on television everytime it comes around because it is such a spectacle. There is a reason why TV channels change their schedules around when there is a big football game on TV, as they can't compete with it.

Whilst there will be a large chunk of fans going that won't care about football or the final if England are in it, I'm sure the guests will. I remember seeing an interview with about 10 of the Game of Thrones cast members and they were all saying how they were massive football fans and had all planned to go to an England game last year together. If you think they would turn up for a convention and miss the final then I think you would be mistaken. The world cup final becomes an all day occasion, not just a 90min game on TV.

• Like 2

Really not sure why the concern. It is over a year away and neither of the events have a final line-up yet.

When it comes down to it I will make a choice (as I have done previously when LFCC has clashed with the British F1), as will everyone else who is considering attending this event who has an interest in the World Cup. Will some favour the football? Of course. Will it have a huge impact on show attendance? Unknown. Very unlikely I would think.

I doubt it will have an huge impact on guests either. I can recall a huge Man U fan called Kai Owen on stage at various events when his team was playing for example. To be fair he was constantly asking for score updates :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather watch a TV shopping channel trying to sell me a reduced to £85 from £300 hoover! ;)

Lol that's very specific!

Honestly it doesn't bother me either way - I'd probably watch it if I had nothing else to do, but I'm not exactly worried about missing it

The only problem is that it will make it about a million times harder to get the time off work!

I'd rather watch a TV shopping channel trying to sell me a reduced to £85 from £300 hoover! ;)

Lol that's very specific!

Honestly it doesn't bother me either way - I'd probably watch it if I had nothing else to do, but I'm not exactly worried about missing it

The only problem is that it will make it about a million times harder to get the time off work!

They're all over paid *******s anyway ;)

Ps: not you or the waitrose crew ;)

Edited by SquirtchyErchie
  • Like 2

They're all over paid *******s anyway ;)

Ps: not you or the waitrose crew ;)

Haha just in case I didn't get who you meant?! But tbf, it could be valid for either! I'll make sure I ask for it off as soon as next years diary is available, before anyone else thinks of doing it.

I don't see the problem here,

I love LFCC and Football and this to me will be a great weekend!

LFCC 10-6 on the Sunday then hit a pub and watch the final at 8, brilliant way to top off a great weekend (if you like footy that is!)

It won't interfere with the show only if people are travelling home afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...