10x8 display folders?

lukeowl

Hi all,

I've been thinking about trying to find a new way to store and display all my signed 10x8 photos. Does anyone know of anyone who might be selling display folders at CM? I seem to recall a few years back people selling something like this at a CM circa 2008 with show/franchise specific folders. Does anyone know if they still exist?

Otherwise, does anyone else have any ideas or suggestions on other storage/presentation solutions?

Thanks in advance.

I think franks autographs are usually at all the cons, and they sell polyester pockets suitable for holding 8x10 photos they also do pockets for holding 6x9 (photo shoot size) photos!

I personally use ITOYA 8x10 art portfolios, they work really well, they're about £7 each and only available online! They're archival quality so you can store photos for as long as you want without worrying about fading or the ink sticking to the plastic!! I have Itoya 8x10s, 11x14s and 16x20 folders!!

Edited by SquirtchyErchie

You can buy display albums that contain 50-100 polythene type pockets perfect for strorage of 10x8 photos, comics etc in Wilkinsons. I use these and they are perfect. Only a few quid each- £2.99 or something like that.

There are folders that are made for the trading card collections that are show specfic, is that what you were thinking of? You could use those instead of putting the cards in them, and I know there will be several sellers at the event with them.

Does anyone know who sells the franchise specific folders? Ideally I would be after something for Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Lost, & Buffy.

Thanks in advance, and thanks to all those who have replied already!

Does anyone know who sells the franchise specific folders? Ideally I would be after something for Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Lost, & Buffy.

Thanks in advance, and thanks to all those who have replied already!

i got some of those at the last Milton Keynes from one of the dealers. you should be able to track them down they are there each year.sometimes not allways in the same place though. its just a case of doing abit of leg work.

Tbh, I tend to get my 8x10s framed - Sainsburys had a load of frames at £2.10 for 3 a while ago, so I got 30 while I could...

That's a lovely idea, though, sadly, I have no room to display the hundreds of signed 10x8 photos I have! So, a nice display folder would be the best thing for me - something easy to access and look at the collection in a nice folder.

At the moment, they are just in photo albums - but they don't have a presentation type of feel to them - if people know what I mean by that?!

I'm really keen to find something at CM this weekend, so if anyone sees someone selling these on the Sat could they do me a favour and post in this thread so I can keep an eye out for the seller? I am at the event both Saturday and Sunday :)

Tbh, I tend to get my 8x10s framed - Sainsburys had a load of frames at £2.10 for 3 a while ago, so I got 30 while I could...

That's a lovely idea, though, sadly, I have no room to display the hundreds of signed 10x8 photos I have! So, a nice display folder would be the best thing for me - something easy to access and look at the collection in a nice folder.

I used to frame mine as well, but I ran out of space a few cons ago. I'm in the process of taking them all down and doing a bit of redecorating, so I'm now also looking for a better way to display them. I like the idea of a really BIG book that can maybe hold 2 -4 per page, anyone seen anything like this?

If you want binders that are franchise specific then your are most likely going to want to look at the trading cards stalls as the bindrs they sell for their sets normally have a nice picture cover .