My first Stargate con - looking to make new friends

SirGeeksalot

Hello all,

My name's Gordon but everyone calls me Gord for short. :-)

I've just booked up for this after reading about this convention online and seeing the guests that are going to be there. This is my first ever Stargate convention, although I've been to quite a few other sci-fi/fantasy related ones and am also familiar with the Hilton Metropole from other events.

I've been a fan of Stargate since the first season of SG-1 so I'm really looking forward to this, plus people on here sound really friendly too. I'm hoping to make some new friends as it would be nice to know some people at conventions and things like that.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and I can't wait until the end of the month now!

- Gord

• Like 1

Hi Gordon

great to see you coming along - I've been to several Chevrons now (plus several other SM events) and know you enjoy it.

Feel free to friend me on here or if you're on facebook there's a group set up on there or you can friend me on there.

You'll have a great time everybody's all ways friendly just say hit to the person next to you in the queue or in the next seat you all ready have something in common I have made some fantastic friends at these events I am sure you will to

Hi everyone - I've been to a lot of cons but this will be my first Chevron.

I'm not sure I will know anyone else there so hoping I can chat to some of you :)

I will be doing Vala Mal Doran and Sam Carter costumes for the parties but they will be a bit basic (not much time) so please don't judge me! :D

• Like 1

Could have sworn I'd said hello in this thread, but apparently not!

My fella's and my first chevron too. Costumes almost finished, although it looks as if my earpiece is not going to make it in time *shakes fist at amazon*. We will either be wearing special ops black or dieselpunk inspired (aka what if Ernest Littlefield came back through the Stargate) outfits, depending on the day.

Hello:-) oh yes very friendly bunch of people!:-) come and say hi!:-) will be Hathor on Saturday:-) but please forgive me all if you will have to remind me your names :-( I'm good with faces but names are always slipping from my mind :-) see ya all there!!:-) :-D :-)

Hello:-) oh yes very friendly bunch of people!:-) come and say hi!:-) will be Hathor on Saturday:-) but please forgive me all if you will have to remind me your names :-( I'm good with faces but names are always slipping from my mind :-) see ya all there!!:-) :-D :-)

im exactly the same. I remember peoples faces but I can NEVER remember names.

Hi Gordon,

I went to my Chevron (7.4) on my own, but made loads of really great friends, we all keep in touch on facebook, so please join in to any of our conversations.

You will have a wonderful time, meet great people - the crew, the guests and the paying public.

Looking forward to seeing you there - don't be a stranger !!

Debs