Guest Cancellation - Paul Gascoigne

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

We are sorry to have to inform you of the cancellation of Paul Gascoigne at this years Collectormania. Paul has decided to change his management team over, and we feel that at this time it is best for everyone to give him some more time to recover.

We have put a lot of thought into this and we think this is the correct decision for all concerned at this time.

We wish Paul all the best with his recuperation and hope to work with him again in the future.

Anyone that has purchased a photo shoot with Paul will be automatically refunded as soon as we possibly can. Please bear with us on this as we have a lot to process, but we will get each one done as soon as possible.

Thanks

Mark Grantham

Gah!!! Oh no!

This puts the lid on the top of a rubbish day :(

Hope Paul gets fully better soon, although this sounds more like a change in management matter than a health related matter by the sound of the OP.

To be honest I have been expecting this announcement for a long time. It is a shame but I think it's probably in Gazza's best interests. Let's hope that in the near future he'll be ready and able to attend a show. On the plus side it'll be money back in my pocket when the photoshoot is refunded and money saved on my spending for the weekend (which is way too much already! lol).

• Like 1

I can only guess but I assume Spacecadet is here is lamenting at the fact that this time around Showmasters are taking longer than usual to process refunds so they think they wont be getting any refunds.....

I can only guess but I assume Spacecadet is here is lamenting at the fact that this time around Showmasters are taking longer than usual to process refunds so they think they wont be getting any refunds.....

Looks like my quote has started something off... I am very sad that Paul will not be attending, I was really looking forward in meeting him. So do wish him well and a speedy Recovery. Such a shame Refers to that. Get well Paul.

The second part of my quote, Means I will be very surprised if I get a refund. Example.. I booked a photo shoot with Maryse ouellet.. she cancelled ages ago and guess what No refund yet. That's slow. Email sent and no reply. So sorry if any of my quotes are taken the wrong way round. One day I will get my Refunds. Hope that clears things up......

Yeah as DavidB says above you will receive your refunds. Showmasters seem to be taking very long to process them this year but it will happen. Showmasters don't make a habit of ripping people off ans if they did they wouldn't be as successful as they are.

Sadly though communiactions and customer service from them has become lacking and it is understandable that people are getting frustrated with that, but of course you will get your refunds :smile:

Such a shame, Another Refund I wont be getting back...... :no:

I'm not sure what that means, Showmasters issue refunds for ALL tickets in cases of guest cancellations. Everyone who booked a photo-shoot with Gazza will get their money automatically refunded. It's never been an issue.

Such a shame, Another Refund I wont be getting back...... :no:

I'm not sure what that means, Showmasters issue refunds for ALL tickets in cases of guest cancellations. Everyone who booked a photo-shoot with Gazza will get their money automatically refunded. It's never been an issue.

It's not 'automatic'. If it was, then they would press a button in the ticket management software and every order would be refunded automatically. There would be little delays and no instances of refunds being 'forgotten' ;) It is of course a manual process, which leads to some occasions were a refund never actually happens and customers then have to chase up SM, repeatedly. Some even have to get the help of their bank to get their money back because showmasters failed to do it.

Sorry I'll pick my words more carefully next time, I don't mean it's done automatically as in by a machine. I know they are processed by people, but my point is, as someone who's had a hell of a lot of cancelled photoshoots due to guests not turning up, I've never had a problem getting my money back. It's just refunded back onto the card I purchased with. It's not something that I worry about, SM are professional and although yes mistakes can occur, everyone gets their money back at some point. I just didn't understand the "another refund I won't be getting back" part which made it sound like it was a regular thing that refunds aren't issued, which isn't the case. If ever there is a problem, SM always encourage customers to contact them directly via e-mail and then the query is dealt with promptly (in my experience anyway.)