New to Chevron

Laz

Hi all, i'm new to all this and saw an advert for CHEVRON 8.0. Im thinking of attending, but was wondering are tickets still available and what are the general goings on of a weekend. Never been to a convention before so was just curious. Just gotta get my time off work confirmed now

You'll love it. I'm pretty sure tickets are still available though I think Gold may be sold out. Parties on all 3 nights with con dancing etc. Friday is opening ceremony. You collect your lanyard at the Showmasters desk which you will need for the weekend. In the mornings there are signings and autos which are timetabled according to your ticket type and number. Afternoons are talks and guest encounters (which you have to bid for or buy a raffle ticket and hope - I've won twice for some excellent guests. You just have to make sure you get in the hall and reserve your seat for the talks because that seat is yours for the afternoon. Sunday usually ends about 6pm and some people stay to the party/quiz in the evening.

Hope you enjoy it.

• Moderators

Gold tickets are indeed sold out, but silver and standard tickets are still available. For details of what each of these packages contains see the website.

This will be my partner's and I's first Chevron too, although we have done a lot of CM:MKs I expect this to be a bit different! We have been working hard on our costumes (I found an Atlantis patch yesterday, so nearly there on one of my costumes!) and looking forward to meeting some fellow fans.

I have been coming to chevron for a few years now and love it. I am bringing a newbie along with me this year. to all those new to cons you will have the time of your lives. at the parties in the evenings there are things like mechanical bull and try to stay hold onto the stargate and surf simulator sort of stuff and sometimes the actors will come and have a chat at the parties if your lucky. As well as talks and guest encounters in the afternoon there are also auctions and other fun things like a quiz or screening of an episode. All in all- let loose, talk to people( everyone is friendly and willing to chat), make friends and have fun.

You will love it! This is going to be only my 3rd chevron but I wish I had gone to them all lol.

For me the first time I had no idea what to expect, and went as standard. That was very well priced and I enjoyed it.

For the second one I went for silver, got a costume and did a guest encounter.

For the 3rd one Im going as gold after getting up at 4am to buy my gold no.7 ticket - It escalates quickly!

What you might be surprised about is the 'smaller' actors are often more entertaining than some of the big names (thats not to say that amanda and michael werent amazing! Just that I find the slightly more minor actors equally so, which I didnt expect before my first chevron.)

Plus everyone is very friendly and happy to talk to you/have pics taken and let you hold their weapons etc which makes the weekend very enjoyable.

The big differnece I find with this type of event compared to a signing event is that this for me is better as its just one show represented, its all in the hotel where you stay (if you chose to stay there of course!) and more importantly all the talks/parties/autographs are included even in the standard ticket. (having said that I will be at CM:MK in a couple of weeks but it is chevron that im really looking forward too and trying out my new costume! Just need some shoes for it...)

Anyway Id better stop before I get too carried away. Can you tell im excited with 3 week left to go!!!!!

• Like 2

Lot's of Con virgins this time.

You're going to LOVE it, but your bank balance will HATE you for it. I've been doing Con's since 2006/2007 and I know people who have been doing them way before that.

Con Dancing is a must, just wear comfy shoes (trainers are ideal oh and shorts as you'll get hot).

Guests are awesome, not one I've met so far have been horrible or ignore you. Main characters are great to meet but the best time you'll have are with the characters like Dan Payne and Chuck Campbell etc etc. Where else would you get to see someone eat the hottest chilli just for the hell of it, or strip for charity. (And yes I'm aiming for that to happen again). You'll start to wonder why you've never done this till now I know I did. :smile::thumbup::clap::dance:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You will love it! This is going to be only my 3rd chevron but I wish I had gone to them all lol.

I know what you mean. Took the plunge far too late and only done the last two. But still trying to decide if I'm going to go to this one. Had a lot of expense recently and there's more to come so while I had written this off as too much expense I'm getting itchy feet to just say "stuff it" and go. Would mean a 1.5hour drive each way though as I really couldn't afford the hotel too. May just decide on Friday night and buy a ticket on the day.

I assume the hotel car park is open to non-residents too.

Btw, I'm the one who took your profile photo for you :)

Edited by Rockstar6662

I assume the hotel car park is open to non-residents too.
It has been every time I have been there as a non-resident for an event. I can't recall the cost though, sorry.

Cheers. Website lists it at £8. I really shouldn't due to costs as it comes right at in the midst of a lot of other expenditure but haven't met any of the guests before so it's very tempting.

NOT only am I new to Chevron; I'm also new to Stargate. I have always loved science fiction (I am a Trekkie) but I just never bothered with Stargate until last October when I bit the bullet and thought I would give it a try... and from thereon disappeared hours and hours of my weekends and evenings!

I absolutely love it. And Rodney is my favourite regular character..

I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend in the hotel and some of the Stargate activities although I'm not as knowledgeable on the series as many of you I'm certain.

See you all there!

PS I'll be the one drinking everyone under the table probably... hehe :)