Refunds

heroes

On the Ray Park thread 29th March "we will be refunding any tickets in the next few days"

of course 2 weeks later some posted they never received it.

See when we order tickets, there's never much of a delay in taking our money - last batch I ordered money was taken within a day...but when it comes to refunding, why such a delay? The service is no longer available, so the money ain't yours - get it back to the customers in a timely manner...you know it makes good business sense :)

• Like 2

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

For this year's events we have been working hard to get the guest line-up secured as early as possible which is good for everyone but unfortunately has created a lot more work over the last few months for the team in the office.

We are working our way through the backlog of previous orders and are processing refunds as quickly as we can. If you are still waiting for a refund then thank you for your patience and we will get to your order as soon as we can.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not personally waiting on any refund this time but always find it difficult to understand why showmasters can find the staff to take the payments but they have no staff free/available to refund money. I have read various reasons including the one that refunds are dealt with by someone who works full time and refunds are done in her spare time. Surely a company as large as showmasters who run so many events could afford to employ paid staff to deal with important details like bookings and refunds. Many of us can not afford to just lend money to a company free of charge, once the cancellation has been anounced the refund should follow straight away, Showmasters should consider a refund as important as a booking - it matters to the majority of customers.

• Like 6

I am not personally waiting on any refund this time but always find it difficult to understand why showmasters can find the staff to take the payments but they have no staff free/available to refund money. I have read various reasons including the one that refunds are dealt with by someone who works full time and refunds are done in her spare time. Surely a company as large as showmasters who run so many events could afford to employ paid staff to deal with important details like bookings and refunds. Many of us can not afford to just lend money to a company free of charge, once the cancellation has been anounced the refund should follow straight away, Showmasters should consider a refund as important as a booking - it matters to the majority of customers.

Very well said. Every year Showmasters events get bigger and better so we'd like to think that they have the staff to deal with that. This year judging by the majority of posts the communication from SM when e mailing over most things has become extremely lacking sadly.....

Edited by jonathan

You should definitely have had a refund for a cancellation in Feb, given that I've got a photoshoot refund relating to Thomas Brodie-Sangster's cancellation at the end of March, assuming the refunds are being processed in order of cancellation. Hope you get it sorted.

Last I looked I am still waiting on my refund for a Ray Park photo shoot ticket. Is it possible to get a refund on these on the day if they haven't been credited before because would be good to use the money for other things at the event.

Im yet to receive a refund for ray park who cxl in what, end of march? which is a bit of a micky take considering the show is a week away and refunds were promised in what a couple of weeks from the cxl?

on the subject, I paid by credit card which expired in april, the account number is the same but the new card obviously has a new expired date and secure number, will this effect refunds?