Defiance

modern_day_prophet

ive waited a long time for this to arrive...

airs in the US tonight and i cant wait for tmrw nites double ep to kick things off for us in the UK.

The trailer looks amazing and im buying the Xbox 360 game of it on friday the minute i get paid.. :-)

also, one of my favourite actors from the failed 2012 BSG pilot ben cotton, and scotlands own, tony curran, who plays McMillian (Baseplate) in Modern Warfare 3 are main cast in Defiance.

i have such high hopes for this show that i hope SyFy dont do to it what was done to SGU...

please let Defiance find its feet before deciding if it stays or goes in 3 months time...!!

Edited by modern_day_prophet
  • Like 2

i missed it and have decided not to bother, the actors are good but ive not got time for a new series and the trailers didnt grab me, also one of them the action scenes looked like video game sfx, then i heard it was a tie in to a video game, so meh, but there are a few good actors in it that might change my mind one day

I noticed the SyFy channel are bringing out quite a few high concept shows, so i hope that some are as good as they sound/look.

Not sure about this one yet as the video game tie-in sounds too much like a gimmick, though i will defo give it a try before i rule it out yet.

• Like 1

this was AWESOME!!!!

you can tell its the crew behind Farscape producing this - you got ur alien babe, ur rugged anti-hero protaganist, the various in-universe alien swear words and the odd questionable special effect.

overall i thought it was great fun, a midweek guilty pleasure when im camped out on the couch!!!

well worth a look guys...but be forewarned....it is weird!!!

like, weeeird....

:/

gotta say, im a fan of both.

i think revolution is the better show but that mite change once i see more defiance cos i thought the premiere was great telly.

They both pale against the mighty Person of Interest though....

Person of Interest is good though doesn't feel like it's really going anywhere just now. I'm up to S2E17 I think. The Following is in danger of getting a tad unbelievable if it's not careful but Game of Thrones is still the best thing on at the moment.

• Like 1

GoT is yet another stellar show that slipped thru the cracks with me.

im such a fan of scifi n fantasy shows that its gotten to a stage where each season i literally have no time for any new shows after a while, and a couple of years ago it was GoT and true blood and ive never caught up.

i also have a tendency to back the wrong horse when it comes to US telly.

i loved A Gifted Man - cancelled.

I bailed on The Following to watch Beauty and the Beast and after a few weeks, it turned out to be tat.

I thought Continuum had cancellation written all over it right from the pilot, didnt stick with it, and now its a juggernaut a la Walking Dead.

And dont even mention Terra Nova...

cos of this, i view Defiance as a guilty pleasure, that i think could go places if allowed....if!

but ask me again in 13 weeks and well see....

i think it mite be ever too slightly out there to pique many peoples interest which leads to low rating and......we all know what it leads to then.

i personally hope its around a while.

otherwise ive given time to another dud when i couldve been watching 666 Park Avenue....oh, wait, thats right....

Proph, there is no shame in backing something you like bud. If others don't agree (namely TV execs!) dont sweat it. It's about what you/we like, not ratings.

I was really pleased with Defiance. I was a fan of Terra Nova and so much of it resonates in Defiance. Cast were great in the pilot and all SIX of the leading ladies (along with Joshua) have something about them. Rockstar mentioned CGI but I couldnt care less. Everything CGI becomes dated in 5-10yrs, its about the story to me and the cast and writers bringing it to life.

Big fan of GoT but I always come away feeling a teeny bit dissapointed. Like the producers feel they have to ramp up nudity and violence to an 11 just to get it over with fans. If they tamed it down a weeeee bit it would just about be untouchable.

For the record I really like Revolution. Again, its SciFi so always gonna be unoriginal and a variation on a theme but they have done a good job in trying something a little different. They have a decent cast too even they seem to love killing someone off each episode....

• Like 2

i watched it last week it was good and has a lot of potenial it was diffrent from what i thought it would be from the trailers,the one thing that might go bad for it is there is the storyline between graham greene and tony curran but apart from that it was a good opening episode the sfx was ok and acting was excellent it might take a while to get used to it like revolution another new show i enjoy but i think it will be a hit like that show :)

• 1 year later...

I want to like it, but does anyone else feel that it's a bit too episodic? There's a story arc of somekind, but it's not very interesting and to be honest, I don't think the writers have decided where it going either. I get the feeling they're making it up as they go along.

I've managed to get through the first season and I've downloaded the first few episodes of season two. I'll give it another go and hope it gets better.

• Like 1

I'm hanging in there with it, i must admit, but Defiance has a tendency to get unbelievably stupid sometimes which undermines an otherwise tightly scripted sci-fi romp in my eyes.

Its funny talking above (last year) about time devoted to Revolution etc. and now its been cancelled too!!

• 1 year later...