Cheap Hotels Very Close To The Convention

I was wondering if theres any cheap hotels very close to where this convention is being held, i did a google search for some and for one night its like £100 upwoods and thats overkill in my eyes anyway , i was gonna attend for just one day mainly for sarah wayne callies and i thought if i booked a hotel for a night i dont have to rush at the convention to get photos with her and get her to sign them . i dont know the area at all which dont help . so if anybody knows or even possibly i could room share with somebody for 1 night

Very cheap hotels dont exist in central London I'm afraid, especially not "very close" to Earls Court. It's London, there's always a demand so they can get away with charging a lot more than they do anywhere else in the country and £100 a night or more is about average. I would guess that any hotels close to the venue will probably be booked up by now, i know some people on here book their rooms as soon as the dates are announced. Hopefully someone can offer you space.

If any help, about a month ago I booked travelodge battersea for our group for £109 total of 3 nights per room(up to 3people). Not as close as would have liked but for the price, and somewhere just to bed down cheaply,perfect!! More money to spend at the event!!

Very cheap hotels dont exist in central London I'm afraid, especially not "very close" to Earls Court.

I've never paid more than £50 for a single room and been 10 minutes away by foot, sure you get what you pay for, but I don't need much. As it is I'll probably cancel that and stay further out, as there no one I need even early bird entry for yet, but I can keep my options open for now.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Lily 2 yrs ago. Its close to the venue, rooms are a bit basic & small but if you dont expect an exec suite and just somewhere to sleep i suppose, now so not sure would go again though we are used to better hotels but was a last minute booking. I see its so expensive this year i wouldnt pay much for a room there & the 4* con hotels are cheaper.We didnt eat there, not sure they even have breakfast from what i remember was just the bedrooms and a reception and doubt we would have chanced it.

They do charge the earth for any of the hotels around Earls court but the earlier you book the cheaper it is, at this time of year they are all upping the price so your paying £120+ for a small room and they know they can get it. I would always say book well in advance for this ( we booked the ibis last summer) with a co that dont want payment up front so it can always be cancelled if you dont end up going.

Edited by buffy2k

I stayed at the hotel Lily a few years back and it was indeed horrible. Was almost glad when my holiday was over. I normally always stay at the Ibis and will be there this time as well, but I believe they just recently sold out of rooms on Saturday night.

My advice this close to the date would be to check on homeandaway.co.uk - its people who rent out private flats/houses per night/weekend etc. If there is a few of you going and don't mind sharing then it can work out quite cheap. We booked one last week Thurs - Sun that sleeps 5 and was £350 for all three nights (about £23pp per night). the prices on the site are a rough guide but the good thing is that when you email, you are contacting the owner direct rather than a company so plenty room to negotiate.