The future of Chevron events

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

we all love Stargate here at Massive Events / Showmasters and run these intimate small events that are the best way to really get to know the cast and also meet some of the supporting cast that rarely attend events anywhere , so we really do want to keep on running them for many years to come so we are asking you all to help keep these cool events going by helping us get the word out to others so we have the numbers of fans attend so we can keep running them.

These events and not run to make lots of money or for profit , they just about cover there costs and putting on a good event and this year we are spending more to get more of the guests you want to meet and try to grow the events so they are strong so we can keep running them for years to come.

i cannot say how much we need your help , putting links on your facesbook or Tweeting about the event is very very helpful , we pay for ad and produce flyers and spend a lot on ads but at the end of they day its you the fans telling others how cool the weekend is , lots of the fans do not know why these weekend events are so great , so please tell others it will help us all enjoy these grate weekends together.

we are committed to running these events as long as there is the support for them, so thank you for all your help.

jason and the Massive Events Team

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

hi David and

Thanks for that post , i must say thats very odd , we have never asked for anyone to have a post removed for promoting the events and as fare as i am aware we have never asked Facebook to have a post removed at all ? all very odd ?

there is now issue with promoting the events on Facebook and we do pay for add as well but that does cost a lot and fans helping spread the word is better and save the money to run the show .

jason

• Showmasters Admin

i take it this event with the gold pass selling out etc is well covered (money wise) or is there still alot of other tickets available apart from gold? just found out about this event and would hate them to stop now due to numbers

As to has the event covered itself yet ? well no it has not as of yet .

W have put up a lot of money and risked loosing money as we love Stargate so much and reply enjoy meeting up with you all as well :-)

This year we have booked a lot go good guests, and with there fees and flights it all adds up to quite a bit more that we have gotten in as of yet, so we do need to sell around another 100 to 150 more to totally cover this event .

That is why we need all your help to get behind this and help make this show work for this event and future events.

We are not in this to make lots of money , if we can just cover its costs we will keep on running them, if you look around the world right now you will see there are very few Stargate events being run now days and the fan bace has shrunk as people have gone on to other shows , so it is up to us all to keep this alive , if we keep around the 400 to 450 mark we are fine and can keep running them , we have 450 odd views just on this post so we all tell 3 people that are into Stargate of this thats 1500 posable people that may come we only need 100 to 150 more fans which is 10% so we are very close and you the fans can make the difference between having a once a year StarGate event and not having one at all in the UK

So please help and keep getting the word out we the fans keep fandom alive when a show is off the air , we all know Star gate will come back one day and when it dose we want to be here ready holding the flag for it and have a nice good event ready to have new cast members attend , we also need a good show to be able to invite guests like RDA etc so lets all work to keep this event alive.

Thanks so much for all your help in the past and the future :-)

Jason and Mark :WAVE:

Best way to increase in the Chevron events is to bring new or rarer guests to the shows. I love the Chevron events and have attending every single one of them as a Gold Pass Holder but I have met all the guests before...several times over. I am sure this is a case for many of the long time attendees.

i love stargate and have been attending once a year starting off with standered then silver for the past few years. i love the event so much and will keep attending as long as they happen. i have told other fans about the event and am bringing one this year. i have mande many friends here amongst both fand and the stars themselves and enjoy meeting new ones, old ones and offen ones i wasnt realy expecting to think much of. Chevron is awsom and i will support it as long as is stays.

Really hope these events continue for a long time because they're so much fun and so well organised!!!

These events are organised better than any other events I've been to and it makes it that much more enjoyable! Well worth the ticket price!!

• Like 1

Sorry, but due to financial restraints this year it makes it more cost effective for me to do LFCC...but me and the old man might drive up for the day to see a few friends hanging around the bar area....good luck with it all..

Deeds xx

Really hope these events continue for a long time because they're so much fun and so well organised!!!

These events are organised better than any other events I've been to and it makes it that much more enjoyable! Well worth the ticket price!!

well said
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ben Browder and Claudia would be a fantastic pair.

One other...and someone I haven't met is Richard Kind! Lucius Lavin in Atlantis...not to mention appearing in several awesome Disney/Pixar movies including Toy Story 3 and A Bugs Life

Edited by clloby
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I really hope chevrons continue long into the future.

The other cons are good but this is a 1000 times better and not actually any more expensive.

When me and my fiancee go to LFCC or CM:MK for instance by the time you pay for your entry (LFCC) and pay for every auto and 2 tickets per photoshoot you want (so we can both be in them) its the cost of silver and that doesnt include hardly any talks (IMHO the best part!).

I get the other cons are great as you get such a wide variety of guests from all walks of TV and sport which is great (I mean where else could you meet stirling moss and torri higginson on the same day!), but I really do hope these show specific weekend ones continue to run.

So I guess this kind of says please keep all types of con going haha. You guys are doing a fantastic job!

• Like 1