Reserving seats

claire316

I remember reading last year that gold ticket holders had to reserve their seats in the morning before going off to the guest encounters as you have one seat to last the day.

As this is the first time I have had a gold ticket, I am curious to know what people do to reserve a seat. Do you leave an item of clothing? I would be worried about it going missing!

How effective do you find it? Last year I sat near somebody who said "That guy is in my seat - I left my hat there." The guy in the chair then produced the hat from underneath his backside and handed it over to the owner, saying "Here you go." ...and stayed in the chair. Which brings me to the last question... what is the etiquette if somebody is in the seat you have reserved?!

Thanks!

Isn't it supposed to be the same for all seats? That's how I read it in the past. Happened to me once but I was just very persistent and pointed out that it was my jacket I'd left hanging on the chair and my bag underneath it.

Other times I've got to know the people I'm sat next to and have asked them to keep the seat free. That's the best way.

Guess you could get crew involved at worst but personally I don't think it's made clear enough. More signs up and some announcement when the hall is loaded that the seat you take you keep and there's no moving if people get up would be helpful.

Generally I've not found it to be a problem for me apart from that once but I don't think it's made clear enough. Not everyone reads the guidelines etc you get in the registration pack.

The only other way would be to tie seating into the ticket numbers but there's been plenty of discussion on that for other events about what would be a fair way to do it and there's no clear answer.

Personally I think the best thing if you're on your own is just to get to know the people around you and look after each others.

Unfortunately I'm probably not going to be able to go to this one despite the great lineup though might change my mind at the last minute.

Edited by Rockstar6662

How effective do you find it? Last year I sat near somebody who said "That guy is in my seat - I left my hat there." The guy in the chair then produced the hat from underneath his backside and handed it over to the owner, saying "Here you go." ...and stayed in the chair. Which brings me to the last question... what is the etiquette if somebody is in the seat you have reserved?!

Thanks!

You 'should' be able to leave a hoodie/jumper on the seat and that 'should' keep it for the day - and this applies to all attendees.

However, in such a case of clothing being sat on and the seat not being released by new occupier then you get a crew member involved. It saves a lot of hassle to do this.

• 1 month later...