Where is all the return of the jedi guests ?

Obi1

Hmm, so far we have only two confirmed on this venue. It would be nice to see more... Lots of the stars are doing other events. It would be nice to see them here, As SM events are so much better and Nicer... I attended one event before I discovered SM Events and Anthony Daniels was there... I was going to take a photo from a distance when a Night club bouncer stood right in front of me and Shouted "No photos" Glad that does not happen with SM events. So yes please more Star wars guests would be most welcome..

Hmm, so far we have only two confirmed on this venue. It would be nice to see more... Lots of the stars are doing other events. It would be nice to see them here, As SM events are so much better and Nicer... I attended one event before I discovered SM Events and Anthony Daniels was there... I was going to take a photo from a distance when a Night club bouncer stood right in front of me and Shouted "No photos" Glad that does not happen with SM events. So yes please more Star wars guests would be most welcome..

It can happen it's happened to me before- it all depends on the guest or their agent. Sometimes they dont want any photos taken and Anthony Daniels is notorious for not being so fan friendly even at signing events.

So far here we have Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew and Jeremy Bulloch and although hes not been confirmed here yet Dave Prowse according to his website is attending and I wouldnt be surprised if this were true! Plus you've got Denis Lawson and Glyn Baker at Collectormania.

As said there's often SW guests at all these shows so there's bound to be more and also with it being 30 years since ROTJ. Then again I expected many more Doctor Who guests to be announced what with it being the 50th anniversary but that may come at Collectormania in October or whenever it is plus theres still loads of time for any guests to be added so who knows. We can only hope and wait and see...... :smile:

Edited by jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

Warwick Davis is great. I remember meeting him maybe 10 years ago and I was one of the first few people there. He hadn't set up his table and all his photos so I helped him out and he gave me the autographs for free. Top guy!

I met Anthony Daniels around 6 years back at a cons and once I got my autograph he actually asked if my son and I would like a picture with him in front of the C3PO standee that was there. He was really nice.

I met Anthony Daniels around 6 years back at a cons and once I got my autograph he actually asked if my son and I would like a picture with him in front of the C3PO standee that was there. He was really nice.

I met Anthony Daniels about 3 or so years ago and based on horror stories I had heard from people I had my guard up on how he was going to be. I found him to be the complete opposite, signed what I wanted and took the time to have a chat. Like you verem, he asked if I wanted a photo and made sure both him and I were in the shot with C3PO standee. I was expecting a "photoshoot only" type of thing with him so I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe it was because he was in a "con settling" but Anthony was fine with me...although he did seem disappointed that I wanted an autograph with a blue pen! :rolleyes:

I love SM events and have been going years to all the london and milton keynes events and one or two of the others. I have to disagree because shouting 'No Photos' is exactly what happened to me at last years London show, I was queing to meet a guest and the marshall/event helper decided it was ok to allow two girls in front of me take a photographs of the guest, but when I tried to take a picture she jumped in front of me and did exactly that. To say that I was angry is an understatement, the star guest decided I was in the wrong and behaved badly to me, almost ruining my day. Only the the other star guests and the great fans that I met made it a great day.

I love SM events and have been going years to all the london and milton keynes events and one or two of the others. I have to disagree because shouting 'No Photos' is exactly what happened to me at last years London show, I was queing to meet a guest and the marshall/event helper decided it was ok to allow two girls in front of me take a photographs of the guest, but when I tried to take a picture she jumped in front of me and did exactly that. To say that I was angry is an understatement, the star guest decided I was in the wrong and behaved badly to me, almost ruining my day. Only the the other star guests and the great fans that I met made it a great day.

It does happen sadly. If a guest or his/hers agents specify strictly no photos of any way shape or form then being told politely that photos aren't allowed is understandable but the rule must apply to everyone. So in your case if people in front were allowed then so too should you have been.

This was in full effect with Dean Cain last year. It was clear to see that him and his agent were more used to American conventions where its normal to charge for photos taken over the table on your own camera. Even if taking a photo of Cain from a distance his agent was chasing you down trying to charge you a fiver! lol It was quite funny really.

So yeah sometimes it does happen, sometimes its acceptable sometimes it isn't but what can you do. Im sure that Carole Anne Ford for example has an issue and doesnt like flash photography (maybe she has epiliepsy but let's not speculate) and there's normally a sign saying no photos. So in that sort of case the crew members would have to be on their guard to ensure people weren't taking photos. Again though, this rule would and should apply to all and not to some.

I'm glad that in your instance it didn't ruin your day entirely :smile:

Edited by jonathan

Probably said this before but I met AD at an event a few years back and he was great - we got chatting about an anti smoking ad he and Kenny Baker did in the USA. Really great guy.

How about a few of the characters from the sail barge scene; and agree Michael Carter would be a good guest.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah that never happens at sm events does it.
  • Like 1

yeah that never happens at sm events does it.

Leonard Nimoy M K 2009 comes to mind!

• Showmasters Admin

Whenever "no photo" signs are put up it is ALWAYS at the guests request. It is at the guests request that the crew are asked to stop people taking pictures. Quite often it doesn't matter how many signs there are, and how many times people are asked they will still try and that can mean a crew member raising their voice to ask more forcefully for that person to stop.

It's a very hard thing to enforce and we never like having to do it. As I say, when it happens it is only ever at the guests request and we hope that people respect the guests request.

In the case of one person "being allowed" to do it and the next stopped. The crew don't have eyes in the back of their heads, they will ask those people they SEE taking photos, there will always be times when they will miss someone because they are distracted by someone else taking one.

I've had it myself. I asked one attendee to not take a photo and he pointed to another guy and said why aren't you asking him to stop, the answer was he didn't have his camera up, he then lifted his camera so I turned and asked him to stop, and the first guy took that time to lift his own camera and take a shot. Some people just don't care or listen. They don't realise that in some cases the guest will just leave. Them having "their" shot could very well mean everyone else misses meeting that guest!

Please don't get me wrong, and sometimes mistakes are made, no one is perfect. Anyone that feels they have been unfairly treated should take the name of the crew member and go to the organisers booth. If there is a real issue (which can happen) then we need to know.