Cancellation of Ray Park

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Sorry to have to inform you that Ray Park has had to cancel this event due to him having to attend the Star Wars Disney weekend event in the US over this weekend.

we hope to reschedule him for latter on in the year.

we will be refunding any tickets in the next few days and we are looking to replace him with some other cool guests from the star wars universe.

jason

Sorry to have to inform you that Ray Park has had to cancel this event due to him having to attend the Star Wars Disney weekend event in the US over this weekend.

Good to know that other events are now allowed to be mentioned on this forum. A customer friendly rule change.

• Like 2

In the back of my mind I was expecting this announcement. Ray is one of the nicest guys you can meet but cancels appearances quite a lot. Not his fault but it just seems to happen a lot.

I agree, Carrie would be a great return guest. It would make sense to bring her over before the new Star Wars makes her too busy to get or rare.

• Like 1

He's a regular on the Disney Weekends, so not surprised tbh. He is a great guy, but Ray does have a tendency to cancel most events (unless its LFL/Disney related).

I'd love to see Carrie Fisher attend a SM event, but she is very selective on shows, and again, it tends to be LFL / official auto licencee company run events that she appears at.

I hope by mentioning LFL i have not broke forum rules :smile:

First Peter Mayhew and now Ray has pulled out. This is really sad news and I hope to meet Peter Mayhew in London later this year, please SM can you get another really BIG Star Wars guest to replace both of these big names, thanks.

A 'big' guest might also be booked for the Star Wars/Disney weekend though too but if they're not I'd really like to see Billy Dee Williams or Jake Lloyd back over again or Warwock Davis again- always great fun!