Lords of Time 2 Cancellation

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there,

We are sorry to announce that Lords of Time 2 is being cancelled!

Unfortunately we have had an issue with our venue and the date we originally planned and after searching extensively for another suitable venue it has become clear that we are not going to be able to proceed with the event at this time.

We will be looking to run dedicated Dr Who events in the future, but not until after what will undoubtedly be the busiest year for Dr Who ever!

For 2013 we will be bringing you a huge number of Dr Who guests to all our other signing events, with a very special first signing appearance by Jenna-Louise Coleman at our Collectormania event on Saturday 25th May. All our other events can be found at www.collectormania.com and we hope that we may see you at some of those.

You can choose to have your tickets transferred to any other Massive Events show planned for 2013, or you can have a refund sent to the debit/credit card of your choice. If you would like a refund, please provide us with the 16-digit number and the expiry date of your chosen card. Please note that to send refunds we do not need the 3-digit CVC security number.

Please accept our apologies about Lords of Time 2 and thank you so much for your patience and bearing with us.

Take care,

Mark

Massive Events Ltd

• Like 1

This is a real shame and I hope we can get another Dr Who event at some point

What do we need to do to transfer these to another event - will we need to provide same information as for cancelling?

Edited by bandcat

• Showmasters Admin

Card "of your choice" - some may have run out, or they might want them to a different one etc.

My main question was what telephone number can I use? I don't want to send any card details via email.

Thank you.

You could ring the office and they can then pass it on to the person who runs the shop.

01908 671138

Card "of your choice" - some may have run out, or they might want them to a different one etc.

My main question was what telephone number can I use? I don't want to send any card details via email.

Thank you.

You could ring the office and they can then pass it on to the person who runs the shop.

01908 671138

Thank you Too Tall

I rang the number and spoke to a very helpful lady by the name of Gemma who took my details and said she would pass them on.

We will be looking to run dedicated Dr Who events in the future, but not until after what will undoubtedly be the busiest year for Dr Who ever!

That's probably the most sensible thing ever posted regarding Doctor Who events on this forum.

I dunno, that weekend seemed to have been jinxed for you - first Empire Day, then this, though right from the moment it was announced with that apparent clash (we weren't to know otherwise, no one told us) it does seem to have been doomed from the start.

I would have thought after such a long well working relationship with that hotel mistakes like that wouldn't happen

It does seem rather unfortunate timing for this announcement though - people ask for months and months with no reply; within 24 hours of someone phoning the hotel and them saying it wasn't going ahead there you tell people what is (or isn't) going on.

Edited by TerraHawk
  • Like 1

Hello

Any indication as to when the refunds will be processed?

Have you e-mailed for a refund?

Yes I have.

Verbally requested a refund after supplying my details on the 19th (see above.)

Followed it up with an email last Sunday and today, neither of which have been replied to.

Called my credit company this afternoon and they have nothing pending either.

I emailed straight away about getting my 2 golds transferred to the Chevron 8 con but haven't heard anything either and they are now almost out of golds so am concerned I'll miss out

TooTall has assured you that you will get one. There is no need to worry.
  • Like 1

Hello

I will enquire but it's an ongoing process and is dependant on a few factors including how many there are to process so potentially can take a few weeks.

Why will it take a few weeks?

Surely you have the money set aside already to cover this?

Hello

I will enquire but it's an ongoing process and is dependant on a few factors including how many there are to process so potentially can take a few weeks.

Why will it take a few weeks?

Surely you have the money set aside already to cover this?

It is nothing to do with money. As mentioned all orders are processed by one person. This is done in her spare time as she has a full time job. The more there are to process the longer it will take. Sorry but patience will be required for this.

I have to say that it is very frustrating about the amount of time it is taking to get our money back.

I have sent two emails, had no replies and made one phone call. I am waiting on the money so I can use it to pay for something else that will be happening the same weekend that LOT2 was going to happen, which is only 5 weeks away.

I paid with my credit card, so why is it taking so long ?? Refunds don't usually take this long !!!