introduction thread !

Atlantis_Buff

Forum Name - goddessmaat

Real Name - Terri

Age/Location - old enough to think about going backwards from this year!/Cambridgeshire

What Ticket have you got/are you getting? - Gold

Most wanted guest for Cheveron 8.0? - more than happy with who they've got - Rachel Luttrell would be nice too though.

Other Cheveron attended - 7.9

Hotel? Con hotel

Facebook/MySpace etc -

Chat Email (MSN, Yahoo, AIM etc) -

Favourite Movie? Kelly's Heroes, Lawrence of Arabia, Dragnet, Madagascar

Favourite Other TV Show(s)? NCIS, Suits, True Blood, Generation Kill, CSI NY, Torchwood, Doctor Who.

Favourite Music? Just about anything.

Anything else we need to know? Probably!

Photo?

• Like 1

Usually bar prices for Vodka and Coke is £6.50, I can get a bottle of vodka for £7 and a bottle of coke for £1, worth me stopping on on route for some supplies :D

Dude, that's insane! Yesterday I got a lager and two JDs for £5! Definitely bringing my own!!

Does anyone know if there any good pubs/bars locally?

inga thats very cheap, larger £3.30 ish where i am and two jds about £7ish, an im from a small town

I guess I'd probs pay that in a bar in the city, but I tend to hang out at the cheap places! I was at a con club yesterday - I know where to get the cheap drinks! I guess I'll just have to suck it up and splash out at the parties. Hopefully if there's a pub in walking distance I can go out for lunch.

really curious how much a beer is at the hotel?

I'm sure beer won't be too much off the normal price you'd pay in a pub, it's more spirits and wine which they'd bump the price up on i'd say no more than £4.50 a pint, depends on what you get!

Everytime on pop onto this board I get that little bit more excited each time as the con vibe starts to build up, it makes me feel like a little space monkey :YAHOO: I think it's gonna be a good one, hee hee..... :drunk:

A space monkey dude your are a looney lol

bad news guys may only be able to afford silver now :( but hope to see you all at the bar still

I'm getting gold but I probably won't be going to the friday drinks reception anyway so we'll walk the long trek down the corridor to the party together ;)

deal why would you not go to the reception if you got gold?

It's actually kind of embarrassing. I have OCD and it's really mild so most of the time it doesn't affect my life, but there are some situations where it's really intensified, and the last time I went to the drinks reception it was just one of those situations. Like, just too crowded and pressed together which is bearable if its seated, but not if we're all just crammed around a table, and basically I had a bit of a panic attack :blush: I ended up having to leave and then miss the party as well, which I was bummed about because I love the parties. So yeah, best if I steer clear.

As you have borrowed the questions from the Hallowhedon introduction thread so I will borrow most of my answers from my post there ;)

Forum Name - GiddyGateGirl

Real Name - Joanne

Age/Location - 27, Kent

What Ticket have you got/are you getting? - Gold :D

Most wanted guest for Chevron 8.0? - Very happy with who we have got so far!

Other Chevrons attended - 7.3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9. You just can't keep me away lol.

Hotel?. Con hotel every time for me

Facebook/MySpace etc - Rarely

Chat Email (MSN, Yahoo, AIM etc) - None, now that they are shutting down MSN

Favourite Movie? LotR trilogy, Back to the Future trilogy, Dark Knight trilogy, Inception, Some like it Hot, Clueless, and too many others to name...

Favourite Other TV Show(s)? Beyond all 3 Stargate shows: Vampire Diaries, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, True Blood, Castle, Due South, White Collar, Chuck, Cheers, Fraiser, Criminal Minds, Law and Order Special Victims Unit, Battlestar Galactica (new series)... And more. Guess I'm kind of a TV addict lol.

Favourite Music? I love soundtracks, in particular LotR, anything by Hanz Zimmer, Battlestar Galactica. Otherwise: Michael Buble, Muse, Florance and the Machine, anything with a good beat or beautiful singing and lyrics. Yet again it's a long list!

Anything else we need to know? I'll be the one zipping along in a mobility scooter with a baffled parent in tow (not literally, although with the size of the Hilton my mum does get tempted to strap on some roller skates and hang on to the back of me...)

Photo? Normally only next to actors with a big smile on my face :D

Edited by GiddyGateGirl

Forum Name - Meliana

Real Name - Claire

Age/Location - 37 , Kent

Most wanted guest for Cheveron 8.0? -He's already coming - David Hewlett!

Other Cheveron attended - none I'm afraid

Hotel? Con hotel

Chat Email (MSN, Yahoo, AIM etc) - meliana_822000@yahoo.co.uk

Favourite Movie? Apollo 13

Favourite Other TV Show(s)? Old Dr who, Farscape, Babylon 5

Favourite Music? Queen

Anything else we need to know? Never been to a convention like this before. only collectormania and Film & Comic Con to see Lord of the Rings stars. Would like to make friends as I don't anyone who is going. Also I'm bringing my 8 year old daughter with me.

Photo?