When do the queues normally start

StuartG2198

Exactly. Totally depends on who you want to meet. For CM there will be one big line for most guests while others will have a dedicated line. I'd say this time Jenna-Louise is likely to have her dedicated line for sure. Once you are insie the statdium the dedicated lines are being led to the signing area, while the other lines split and you go hunting for the table of the guest of your choice.

Do dedicated lines not have VQ's? So if you have a gold pass you have to just join the back of a very long guest queue?

If you have the Gold Pass you can just walk in and check where guests are sitting. The dedicated line is usually gone at the point the guest arrives. As etmuse said, they're being given VQ tickets and then go to collect more. Kind of like LFACC. The dedicated lines are a CM thing because the stadium has several entrances.

Thanks, never done MK before. I assume GP has its own entrance too?

Any dedicated entrances will be announced before the show. There's usually not more than two of them, plus the main line. So far nothing has been confirmed. Jenna-Louise is just a personal estimate of mine as it's her first appearance and she's attending one day only.

depends who you want to meet?? bigger guests you need to be there early, karen gillans queue last year started about 6am

But that was totally unnecessary. I queued from about 8, got all the other VQs I needed and then got one for her just in case. Met her later in the day without any problem and I think she was even open q by then.

There's rarely any need to panic about meeting anyone you want to. Some ppl will always be really early but it's not essential unless you have limited time to be at the event. I've even turned up at 10 or 11 in the past if there's only a couple I need to meet and not had a problem but obviously the earlier you are the better chance you'll have but in my experience an hour or so before opening has proven to be more than early enough for MK.

Oddly the ppl who proved trickiest to meet for me were Tom Baker and Brian Blessed who were brilliant but taking time with everyone.

Edited by Rockstar6662
  • Like 1

I agree with Rockstar6662.

I turned up at just before 9am last year, saw the queue for Karen and decided to get the other VQ tickets first. I got Karen's later and then had my autograph with her at about 4:30pm.

• Moderators

If it's not an issue to be there a little early, then there's certainly not any harm in it. That way you can get in, get your VQs, and then relax knowing you're likely to get whatever you want.

Note I say 'a little early' .. as everyone has said, no need to go crazy, but don't turn up at 4pm either expecting everything like some do. It's too risky.

• Like 1

My main two would definitely be Jenna and Gillian both I'm anticipating will be long queues.

Those two are likely to be busy so it is worth getting there early but there's no need to be silly early. Then again I think Gillian went open queue at LFCC but obviously that can't be guaranteed.

I for one was happy with what I got Gillian to sign last time do wont be getting more and not interested in Jenna so will be avoiding both those queues.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Thanks, never done MK before. I assume GP has its own entrance too?

I havent been to the MK Stadium in a few years and never did Gold the last time I was there. I have asked and been told that there is normally a specific entrance and queue for us Gold Pass people to get in and get your now wristbands and what not and then head straight for Jenna Luise Coleman no doubt lol

• Moderators

So.... from people's past experience if I were to get to the venue by 8am and start queuing for say Jenna first, by the time I've got a VQ for her I'm sure the queue for Gillian will be a mile long, so I would just join the back of this queue and so on for the other guests

So.... from people's past experience if I were to get to the venue by 8am and start queuing for say Jenna first, by the time I've got a VQ for her I'm sure the queue for Gillian will be a mile long, so I would just join the back of this queue and so on for the other guests

Yes, you will need to join the back of the line for Virtual Queues. You can pick up multiple virtual queues. You go to your priority guest first, pick up the ticket. Then you go to your second priority guest, pick up the ticket. Continue as long as needed. ;) The queues move quite quickly once the initial run is over. Once you're through for Jenna-Louise most of the Gillian queue will have dispersed and will be heading either for Jenna Louise or elsewhere.

woahhh after reading this topic im quite concerned now that due to the lengths of some of the queues i wont be able to meet all the people i want to meet. As of today there are 12 people i want to meet at the event, i will be attending on Saturday. What if im in the Que say for photo op with Gillian Anderson and at the same time another guest i want to meet are having their photo session, will i be able to attend both? i will be pre ordering all my photo op tickets online and i am concerned i wont be able to meet all my favorite guests.

Is there only 1 photo session per guest on each day? or will I have more than one chance to get a photo with a guest? For example, will Gillian have one photo session in the morning and another later that same day?

Sorry guys, im a newbie :P

• Moderators

It depends on how many they sell generally as to whether they get more than one. Some of the bigger guests can, yes.

If there's a clash then the crew will do their best to help you if you let them know, but just take a look at the schedule once it's posted and then work things out from there :)

• Like 1

Hi all

So my weekend is starting to look like a busy one just wondering when the queues for entry normally start, want to be there nice and early for the VQs

Often, it depends on when you want to (or have to) leave. If you're happy to mill about all day, then you're generally not going to have to be there for 6am! C:MK is a really chilled out event and my recommendation is to have a wander round and see which guests are taking their time with attendees. Those ones I'd queue for first, because they might not make it through their VQ. Karen Gillen is a great signer, in that she's attentive, but efficient and has gone open queue at most events.

also last year for karen gillan i was number 3 in the queue but got number 25 vq ticket, was that because gold pass got vqs?? didnt think you needed one if you had gold???

They don't need one. The tickets don't always start at number 1.

also last year for karen gillan i was number 3 in the queue but got number 25 vq ticket, was that because gold pass got vqs?? didnt think you needed one if you had gold???

They don't need one. The tickets don't always start at number 1.