Guest Cancellation - Corin Nemec

Massive Events

The book has got 50 pages and is just a little smaller than A4. I thought it best not to get one too big and cumbersome because it's got a long journey to make. Also it will be easier to read from.

A photo of the convention audience could go on the inside cover, if we could get it done.

I think the message book with a photo inside will make a nice gift.

Edited by Ophelia
  • Like 3

• Showmasters Admin

Works for me :thumbup:

Remind me on the weekend of the event and we'll look at getting the photo sorted. I'm thinking maybe a photo taken from the main stage once all the attendees are sat down.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a ring bound book of heavy card covers (one is red) and cartridge plain paper that people can sign, stick bits in or draw in if that is any help - I can do a cover for it and illustrate a few of the pages. Jan

Thank you, this is very sweet to offer. I think it's been pretty much decided that we'll go with Ophelia's idea. But maybe you can help with illustrations?

I've got a ring bound book of heavy card covers (one is red) and cartridge plain paper that people can sign, stick bits in or draw in if that is any help - I can do a cover for it and illustrate a few of the pages. Jan

Thank you, this is very sweet to offer. I think it's been pretty much decided that we'll go with Ophelia's idea. But maybe you can help with illustrations?

Yep, i echo that thanks and the offer. I have indeed got the book: it is a spiral bound hard cover, each page is 150 gsm- so it's thick enough that people's messages shouldn't press or bleed through to the next page but nor is it too bulky. I will bind the front cover with a printed brickwall base paper and graffiti it (as Corin is a graffiti artist) with the title Chevron 8.

It's a great idea to have illustrations to stick in and brighten and break-up the pages, it might be a good idea also to keep the size of them modest as there's possibly 1000+ people putting their messages in there too but at the end of the weekend any spaces could be filled with additional illustrations, or whatever anyone wanted to include?

(dimensions of book are h 253mm x w 263mm x d 23mm)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I know a few people myself included who might actually like to add the book but won't be there...can we say put a post here and you then copy and paste it into the book?

Kriss :)

That's a very good idea, try and keep them smallish if you can because I'll be printing them out myself and printer ink is daylight robbery lol

• 2 weeks later...

I know a few people myself included who might actually like to add the book but won't be there...can we say put a post here and you then copy and paste it into the book?

Kriss :)

That's a very good idea, try and keep them smallish if you can because I'll be printing them out myself and printer ink is daylight robbery lol

If anyone does want anything added to the book the deadline for submitting the entry on to this thread will be Tuesday 29th May 5pm gmt :thumbup:

Book is complete, I was delayed a bit due to ill health but hope everyone likes it. I'll try and find Too Tall on Friday to hand over the book and I guess it will be put on the information table over the weekend. Xxxxx

Remember if anyone wants to add a message please try and get it on to this thread by tomorrow. See you all there, i'm really looking forward to this one :)

• Like 1

She means that if people can not attend the event but still want to leave a message in the book then they can post what they want to say here, by tomorrow, and it will get added to the book.

Those actually attending the event can write their message in the book themselves at the event :)

Edited by GiddyGateGirl

Book is complete, I was delayed a bit due to ill health but hope everyone likes it. I'll try and find Too Tall on Friday to hand over the book and I guess it will be put on the information table over the weekend. Xxxxx

Remember if anyone wants to add a message please try and get it on to this thread by tomorrow. See you all there, i'm really looking forward to this one :)

*hugs* re the ill health! Hope you are doing better now. If not we can find a quiet corner and flop in exhausted heaps ;). I think mum is going to have to keep making sure I am awake during this one!

*hugs* re the ill health! Hope you are doing better now. If not we can find a quiet corner and flop in exhausted heaps ;). I think mum is going to have to keep making sure I am awake during this one!

Thanks hun. I've not been good to be honest, this con is going to be even more of a physical challenge than it normally is. Flopping in an exhausted heap probably will happen at some time during the day lol. i know this hotel had a lot more walking involved than the Raddison (things seemed to be at opposites sides of the hotel) and that increases my pain and fatigue faster so will probably have to see how things go.

Yeah, it is a huge hotel to go walking around. I really hope you manage ok :). If we are going back and forth from end to end, there is a nice comfy seating bar area in the middle which is nice to flop in. The offer for you to bring roller skates and hang on to the back of me still stands ;)

I'm going to find this Chevron a bit of a challenge too. I am up to my ears in revision for a very big exam which is a week and a half after the con. Plus other stuff has been going on... I am already shattered! I think this is the first con that I have ever considered as an actual break as well as the usual (enjoyable) physical challenge!

Having said all that, bring it on! Can't wait! Lol.

• Like 1