Guest Cancellation - Corin Nemec

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

I am sorry to have to let you know that Corin will not be able to make Chevron 8.0!

As many of you know he was involved in a very serious accident whilst filming back in January and his drs have now told him that it could be 6 to 8 months before he is fully well again.

Corin is upset that he wont be able to make the event and see everyone but obviously his health and rehabilitation must come first.

I know you will all join me in wishing Corin a speedy and full recovery. Those of you who have met him before will know he is definitely one of life's good guys and we will certainly look to bring him back to Chevron 8.1 in 2014 when he is fully well again! :smile:

Mark :smile:

Glad this has finally been officially announced as he announced it on Twitter a while ago.

Sad he will not be going, I was only coming to see him, but the accident was very serious and he is having to use a wheelchair to get around so it's not fair of anyone to expect him to be recovered by May. My thoughts and prayers have been with him since the accident occurred and I can only hope he takes time to rest and recover from what must have been a terrifying experience.

Was anything ever confirmed about a get well card for him?

i think we showmaster should deffenatley think about getting a get well card for everyone to sign. it is the least we can do and to see how many people are wishijg him a health recovery i sure will make him feel better. i think showmaster should deffenately consider it.

I said it on Twitter so sorry for repeating myself, it's completely understandable and I'm sure Corin is in all our hearts and thoughts.

I think, as others have suggested, It would be a wonderful idea if maybe we could get something for everyone, who wanted to, sign at Chevron so we can send it on to him somehow.

• Showmasters Admin

I think a get well card is a great idea. I'm sure Mark will be able to find some way of getting it to him.

It'll need to be pretty big to as there are a lot of people going to Chevron so maybe a get well book (like a wedding book) that everyone can sign and put comments in. Would be nice if it's hand-ish made and very specific to Corin.

Now I'm about as artistic as an arthritic slug. Need a schedule for an event with 1000+ attendees and 8 guests and I'm your man, but this is really not my thing.

So it there anyone out there happy to make a multi page get well Corin book?

We'll then get it put on the reg desk and around at the parties for people to write in.

• Like 3

I think a get well card is a great idea. I'm sure Mark will be able to find some way of getting it to him.

It'll need to be pretty big to as there are a lot of people going to Chevron so maybe a get well book (like a wedding book) that everyone can sign and put comments in. Would be nice if it's hand-ish made and very specific to Corin.

Now I'm about as artistic as an arthritic slug. Need a schedule for an event with 1000+ attendees and 8 guests and I'm your man, but this is really not my thing.

We'll then get it put on the reg desk and around at the parties for people to write in.

This is such a great idea. Sorry he can't make it but understandable and hope he gets better soon.

although i am unable to make a getwell book right now due to my new job working hours TOO TALL to make a getwell book you could get an autograph book and stick in a few stargate pictures/ pics of corin into some of the pages to personaltise it and maby for a bit of humour stick in a few finger plasters and then everyone could write get well messages in it. just a suguestion.

plus you could put this poem i found on the internet into a get well book-

We really want you to get well soon,

That's the idea, behind this balloon.

We know you need your rest and sleep,

Can't find the balloon? I guess we're cheap.

What we're trying to honestly say,

You probably need another x-ray.

We're not doctors, but we know,

You're recovery is very slow.

We came here to cheer you up,

Have some coffee in your cup.

Where's the coffee? Guess we forgot,

That's ok, it would've been hot.

Edited by stargate geek emily

TooTall... Maybe record a get well video for him on the camera....

a dvd of the convention would be a nice jesture so he doesn't totaly miss out. he will still get to hear all the funny things said in the talks. or the camera that does the video for the talks enstead of just showing it on the screen they could also record the talks and then send the dvd along with the get well book to CORIN.

Very sad to hear this, but completly right that Corin's health should come first. I really hope that he recovers well and soon. Saw him at Chevron 7.3 and he was a really nice guy, would be great to get to see him again in the future when he is fully recovered.

Loving the idea of a get well card/book.

• Like 1

Personally, I'm quite pleased his appearance has been cancelled. As much as I've loved meeting him before, I would've felt terrible if he'd travelled all this way whilst still so unwell. Hope he recovers soon, but it looks like a long road ahead. He's a fighter so I'm sure hell be okay, and I wish him all the best xxx

I could have a look around and see what i could find if you want? i'm sure i could get something and decorate it.

• Showmasters Admin

I could have a look around and see what i could find if you want? i'm sure i could get something and decorate it.

That would be great. Thanks :smile:

how bout a photo of everyone perhaps just before a talk session with everyone and crew with a getwell note as unison? a book will take a long time and people may get left out and if you dont like being in a video like myself then video greeting wont get everyone either ... what does everyone think? xxx glad to see everyone wants to do something too everyone is awesome thats why i love you all <3 x

then theres nothing we can do really as someone will enevitably loose out on saying get well sadly .xxxx mind you i have already said get well on twitter so it doesnt matter about me as long as im not on a video then anything is fine if i know where the book is too x :) x

i do sindel. trying to get everyone in a photo when there are so many hundred people can be difficult. plus not everyone likes having their phot taken. add in the the fact that the written word is more private as you dont have to sign your name i think many people would find this much more apprealing. im sure if a book was put on the signing in desk and in the talks it was just mentioned to everyone that they can write a message to Corin im sure anyone who wanted to write something would. also the written word can mean so much more. the heartfelt words, get well poems and funny things people write are something that will realy brighten someones day.

Edited by stargate geek emily

dear showmaster. i know gifts are usuley a no for the guests. but as corin is unable to attend and is ill i was wandering if for those that wanted to get him a small gift at the expense of the buyer with no expectation of anything in return if people wanted to say give him chocolate or a home made gift. whould this be aloud in acception to the usuel rule? or do usuel rules still stand?