update on CMMK and things to help you have a great weekend

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

as you can see the guest list for this event is looking strong and we are still adding more guests to the line up so there is more to come :-)

we have more space at this years event and from now on so it will help with lines for photo ops and queuing in the venue .

we do suggest that if you are looking to buy photo ops that you try to buy them in advance as it will save you time on the day queuing to buy them , this way you will only need to queue up for the last minute guests that are added , we will be on top of the lines and have space dedicated for this but it is advisable to pre book them in advance to save time on the day .

NEXT

this years event we are not planning to have a residents pass , this did work well last year but the hotel feels that they can get more for the rooms by offering them to the public so the guests and the crew will not be staying on site at the event hotel this year so do not book thinking that you might meet the guests in the hotel , we will look into other ways to provide something like this in futureMK events at another hotel near by , but this may not be for this years events but we will work on this .

NEXT

now we have the space we are adding more activates to the show , we have an entire new floor\concourse around the stadium to use for guests, photo ops , costume groups and much more so cheque out the upper level at the May show, and now its nearly all enclosed and all the floors are in its a really great venue to spend the day at so we will see you all at our new exciting bigger venue :-)

jason

Edited by 1of2
  • Like 1

we have an entire new floor\concourse around the stadium to use for guests, photo ops , costume groups and much more so cheque out the upper level at the May show, and now its nearly all enclosed and all the floors are in its a really great venue to spend the day at so we will see you all at our new exciting bigger venue :-)

Really looking forward to the show, but just wondered, will the new upper level be accessible by lift?

As there are no resident passes this time around. Will you be doing a party this year? and can people that live locally come like me that lives 5 minutes away as I missed out last year as it was only for those staying in the hotel. Cos we had friend's staying in the Travel Lodge MK and wanted to go to the party too but couldn't.

will there be more headliner guests??

It is still more than 2.5 months before the show. Yes, there will be more guests. But honestly speaking, a headliner guest is very often in the eye of the beholder. ;) I would be overjoyed over some Stargate guests that the overwhelming majority of users would go "who?" at. :lol:

• Like 1

It is still more than 2.5 months before the show. Yes, there will be more guests. But honestly speaking, a headliner guest is very often in the eye of the beholder. ;) I would be overjoyed over some Stargate guests that the overwhelming majority of users would go "who?" at. :lol:

Completely agree with this statement. A "headliner" guest is always going to be subjective. Peter Dinklage & LFCC being the prime example, a huge guest in the eyes of many, but to some (such as myself) he's a star from a series that I have never seen or have any interest in.

Personally speaking, I will be attending CM MK but will only be going for a couple of names. There's no headliner guest for me...yet but enough for me to make the trip.

Ariana Richards was the only headliner I needed; Jenna-Louise Coleman is just a lovely bonus. :smile:

we have an entire new floor\concourse around the stadium to use for guests, photo ops , costume groups and much more so cheque out the upper level at the May show, and now its nearly all enclosed and all the floors are in its a really great venue to spend the day at so we will see you all at our new exciting bigger venue :-)

Really looking forward to the show, but just wondered, will the new upper level be accessible by lift?

So, does anyone know the answer to this yet?

Waiting for confirmation on that, sorry. From the last update it seemed the building work wasn't fully completed, I assume that may be the reason for the delay. Maybe they're waiting so they can give a full list.

Waiting for confirmation on that, sorry. From the last update it seemed the building work wasn't fully completed, I assume that may be the reason for the delay. Maybe they're waiting so they can give a full list.

Thanks QS. Reason I asked is that in Jason's post he said that the new upper level may be used for 'photo ops'. I'm assuming that means at least one of the photo shoot areas might be up there this time, although I guess it could mean other types of photo ops like the SW and Trek charity ones we've had in the past at the show.

If it was a photo shoot area and there was no lift access then that would make it difficult for anyone who has problems getting up and down stairs.

I very much doubt they'd put a photo shoot area up there if there was no lift for that reason, but just wanted to check.

• 2 months later...