Guests we would like at a Vampire themed con.

Mrs Cullen

There are so many great guests a Vampire Con could bring. Here are some suggestions that would get me there:

Evan Rachel Wood (True Blood)

Daniel Dae Kim (Angel)

Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy)

Anna Kendrick (Twilight)

Michelle Trachtenberg (Buffy)

Kristen Stewart (Twilight)

Seth Green (Buffy)

Autumn Reeser (Lost Boys 2: The Tribe)

Jackson Rathbone (Twilight)

Gina Torres (Angel)

Wentworth Miller (Underworld)

Robert Pattinson (Twilight)

David Boreanaz (Buffy & Angel)

Nikki Reed (Twilight)

Alyson Hannigan (Buffy)

Marc Blucas (Buffy)

Ashley Greene (Twilight)

Bianca Lawson (Buffy & Vampire Diaries)

Kellan Lutz (Twilight)

Thats all for now

• Like 1

Got to say, i really don't want a strictly vamp con. Especially not new vamps. I like older vamps, but not enough to spend money on them if that makes sense and while i have loved True Blood and Vampire diaries in the past, these days i actually can't watch them, Vamp diaries got boring and True Blood makes me rage so bad (yeah if you want to enjoy TB never read the books because after it's almost impossible)

But i think right now with the current trend in movies and tv shows, why not just do books to movies? Twi, TMI, THG, Divergent is picking up cast and popularity, warm bodies, beautiful creatures, deliruim... there is so many right now and you could even delve into Harry potter or LoTR which you'd had guests from before. Sticking to young adult might save the problem of being too vague but yeah. Think of the authors you could get aswell, you've had some amazing ones at twilight cons, think how many more would want to come if it was for more YA fantasy/Romance. And i guess you could still include VD and what not (but with VD anti- biotics might be needed too)

How about Carla Laemmle - she uttered the first line in the original Dracula (1931) with Bela Lugosi, and is the niece of Carl Laemml who founded Universal Studios and produced the classic monster movies of the era. She's 103 now and must have some tales to tell. Tales which, sadly, would be of no interest to 99% of current "vampire fans."

Edited by Zagreus
  • Like 1

Totally Zagreus, too many mordern films have "friendly" vampires" there not nesseraly bad just not true to an unholy monster. Vampires are much much more than dead humans that drink blood.

One of my personal favorite vampire films is one of the oldest, Nosferatu. And it still gives me chills everytime i see it.

Like I said although this says "vampire" it was because a Twilight fan started it and not ME :D

I think that guests from modern takes of the supernatural would not mix with classic horror - no disrespect to either side but although they contain the same beings they aren't similar things.

If there is enough demand there should be a "Classic Horror" con and a "Contemporary Supernatural" con and then all will be happy :D

Otherwise they'll be an odd con mix with Rob Pattinson and Carla Laemmle ;)

• Like 1

Like I said, I wrote a "Vampire" themed con because that was what was mentioned at the closing ceremony by a member of ME staff and not because im a Twilight fan ;) I'd change the title as so many are unhappy about it but I am unable to. Maybe I should of written "a modern supernatural books to film" type of con :)

• 1 month later...