Hallowhedon to remain just for Joss Whedon Shows

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi all,

We always say that we run these events for you and bearing that in mind, and the number of requests we have had on this subject, we have decided that Hallowhedon will remain focused just on the works of Joss Whedon! :dance:

We will not be combining or bringing in other halloween or horror aspects to the show and you can be assured that Hallowhedon 5 will only feature guests from Joss' shows! :smile:

You guys are the customers and you have convinced us that what we were looking at doing is not what you guys want and so we are therefore going to ensure that Hallowhedon stays as you want it to be!

We hope that this will please everyone. After listening to you all we are sure it is the right thing to do!

We hope you will agree we have some really interesting guests already confirmed for Hallowhedon 5 and we certainly have some more to come for you!

Thank you for all your support and for making Hallowhedon what it is!

Take care,

Mark and everyone at Massive Events :smile:

• Like 3

That's a shame.

I was really thinking of attending as I love Supernatural and Being Human. Guests for both these shows seem to be few and far between these days.

Congratulations on getting the wonderful Amy Acker but don't think at the moment I will be there.

even though we have to say we were curious to find out which shows you were going to be mixing Hallowhedon with (especially with a name as hallowhedon) but we're glad that Showmasters decided against the mix and listened to its customers/clientele :D

It's nice to see a bigger range of Whedon shows covered this year. It's obviously still rather Buffy/Angel centric, but we've now got Firefly, Dollhouse and Much Ado covered as well. It would be great if you could get a cast member from the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot to round out the guests. Clark Gregg or Ming-Na Wen would obviously be preferable.

Great decision Showmasters, thank you!!! :smile: I'm looking forward to the event even more now that I know it's still going to be Joss Whedon shows only, was worried I'd missed my chance to attend a proper Whedon centric convention. This really shows how much you listen to the feedback given to you, and I think we all appreciate it!

Stacey.

Seconded, we hope so too. Costs us a fortune to go up there and it took me 3 hrs to get there last time as we got stuck on the M6. There is nowhere decent to eat nearby when your on limited time, the airport is too far and the nec food is not nice, we did find a carvery at xmas when i was there but you need a cab for a few of you to make it viable its 10 mins away you cant just walk down the Pheasant and have a choice of loads of food, i'll miss that!

The hilton is a little more expensive that the London hotels and they dont do anything other than double rooms i was told when i booked they dont even have twins? We always had the exec room at the radisson for not much xtra which is huge as we like to have a room for 3 @ HW as a friend comes from abroad and she cant afford a room on her own but they cant accommodate this in birmingham and there is no point her looking for a room mate either as she'll have to share a bed too so not sure yet what we're going to do.

The hotel itself is very nice but a bit too out of the way for us.

Edited by buffy2k

Great! Now hopefully you can bring it back to London!!

Agree! I start to go into hibernation mode in October and am not looking forward to the drive to the Hilton Metropole at all. It was really nice having one convention that was about 45 mins' drive from my house. ;)

(Sadly, I doubt this bit will happen - at least not this year - but never mind.)

Very pleased to hear that it will stay ALL Whedon - there's so many shows and actors to pick from that it will be a long time before we run out of guests to meet!

Please, please, please try to book some more Dollhouse guests now you are aiming for a bigger line-up - they are some of the loveliest actors I've met and I really think everyone would enjoy meeting people like Dichen, Miracle, Enver, Fran, Olivia, Eliza (if she's available!) and all the others :)

I'm happy to attend the event in Birmingham - apart from the lack of a nearby pub or other place very close with cheap food I prefer it as a venue - it's a lovely hotel, the breakfasts are out of this world and it's a 2 hour drive for me rather than the 3 hour drive to London! I guess I'm used to driving longer distances for cons though as I live out in the wilds of Lincolnshire! :D

• Like 1

The Hilton does have twins. I'm not sure why you were told that they don't, but they do. (I've stayed in them quite a few times.)

Well i thought that too, but i tried to book a twin was told they mainly have doubles and the very few twins they had were gone but we could go on a wait list for a twin if available i just checked and its on my confirmation too.

I wonder if this can be checked with the hotel a i am sure a lot of people havent booked rooms yet and may not realise its double beds.

Edited by buffy2k

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just booked my first Hallowhedon cant wait. I am glad it is staying as an all whedeon show and am looking forward to it.

I am happy it is in Birmingham not evreything needs to be in London. Its easy to get to the airport for lots of food options if anyone is looking for something not at the hilton