Have we peaked?

we have a lot of guests already, and there has not been as many announcements this week as there had been from January onwards, i was wondering if this will be the majority of guests now?

and on that note i would like to say thank you for all the guests you have so far this will be a LFCC to remember :)

Ohhh no. There'll be announcements right up until probably a few days before the event. Quite often the guests go into a lull before Collectormania (late May) because they're focussing on that event, and then LFCC gets tons announced afterwards. Everything's quiet now, but it'll pick up again.

Well last year there was the "peak" after Gillian Andersson, then there werent many announcements for a couple of months then perhap 1-2 months before lfcc there were tons of them again. So this is most likely just silent for now... Nothing to worry about :)

• 2 weeks later...

This years line so far looks quite poor from a Trekkies point of view with the DS9 20th anniversary, where are Colm Meaney, Alexander Siddig, Cirroc Lofton, Micheal Dorn, Terry Farrell etc etc, come on Showmasters put on a SHOW. Still a poor showing for the avid Trekkie, so I'm of to the Creation Star Trek Event in Las Vegas, where I will meet Siddig, Farrell etc etc oh and Bill again that's the Shatner man. :-)

Edited by Lt. Andy
  • Like 1

This years line so far looks quite poor from a Trekkies point of view with the DS9 20th anniversary, where are Colm Meaney, Alexander Siddig, Cirroc Lofton, Micheal Dorn, Terry Farrell etc etc, come on Showmasters put on a SHOW.

I'm sure they've thought off all of them. Just because they haven't been announced doesn't mean they've not been asked. SM could be waiting for contracts or whatever. Or maybe one or two of them may be busy on the dates. I wouldn't worry anyhow, just don't blame SM as I know they do all they can to get people over. If a star isn't here who maybe should be it's more than likely noone else could have got them either.

Exactly. It's still almost 5 months to go before the show. The majority of guests has not been announced yet. The DS9 Anniversary has been announced for a while, but I am sure more guests will be added later. Especially Alexander is a very busy man. Guests with such a busy schedule are very often only announced shortly before the show. Many guests don't like to disappoint their fans by possibly having to cancel, and don't want to commit that far in advance.

Well, I dont think it will be 100 and in a way I hope that it will stay around 80 like last year but the overall quallity of the guests is better :)

I loved last year, but if improvements is in order then Id rather have better guests and about the same number of them, than more guests.

Quality before quantity :)

As a final word for the worrying people, its still 5 months left and there usually is tons of announcements 1-2 months before the event.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the positivity in this thread. I had such a great time last year, that I asked for tickets, vouchers and hotel bookings for Christmas and Birthday. However, there's no guests as of yet, I would pay to meet. So I have to keep a positive mind but these comments seem to be helping. :-)

This years line so far looks quite poor from a Trekkies point of view with the DS9 20th anniversary, where are Colm Meaney, Alexander Siddig, Cirroc Lofton, Micheal Dorn, Terry Farrell etc etc, come on Showmasters put on a SHOW.

Couldn't agree more!

Love the people we have currently, but lets make this a real DS9 anniversary!

I like the positivity in this thread. I had such a great time last year, that I asked for tickets, vouchers and hotel bookings for Christmas and Birthday. However, there's no guests as of yet, I would pay to meet. So I have to keep a positive mind but these comments seem to be helping. :-)

Just relax, there will be plenty more to come. If they will something you like that I cannot guarantee... But of all the guests that I saw last year, (around 30 TV and Movie guests) I think half of them were announced 4-5 before the event. And atm its almost 4 months left. I learned from last year not to have to high expectations cause you just end up dissapointed and greedy for more. In the end the event was superawesome anyways :) !

• Like 1