Hallowhedon Hotel Code!

showmasters

Another small query which came up on the forum yesterday for anyone who has booked a room for 3 people like we did at the Hilton please check your bookings as ithose who were given a twin room with a rollaway are now being told the hotel will not accomodate 3 in a room & they are having to change you to a double room with a rollaway and charging an extra £10 per night for the priviledge which is bumping this already very expensive hotel up even more to £98 per night.

Why this was not advised at the beginning i dont know but the Hilton actually does not have any proper triple rooms like the Radisson but you wont get your third in a room if you have it down as a twin apparently. Not quite sure how this will work in there were 3 guys in a room as sure they wont want to share a bed but best to check it out as it has caused confusion the last few days.

managed to book a twin last night on the con rate

So I guess it's all in luck then. Just tried to make a booking and was told there were no rooms with that rate. I guess someone must have cancelled their room or something.

Still would be nice to get some kind of message from some official source about the possibility of con-rated rooms.

Another small query which came up on the forum yesterday for anyone who has booked a room for 3 people like we did at the Hilton please check your bookings as ithose who were given a twin room with a rollaway are now being told the hotel will not accomodate 3 in a room & they are having to change you to a double room with a rollaway and charging an extra £10 per night for the priviledge which is bumping this already very expensive hotel up even more to £98 per night.

Why this was not advised at the beginning i dont know but the Hilton actually does not have any proper triple rooms like the Radisson but you wont get your third in a room if you have it down as a twin apparently. Not quite sure how this will work in there were 3 guys in a room as sure they wont want to share a bed but best to check it out as it has caused confusion the last few days.

Massive Events were only advertising 1 person or 2 person occupancy on http://massiveevents.../info.php?venue The Hilton Birmingham only has family rooms in the double executive rooms in general as these are the rooms with sofa beds and are for children as the additional guests. The twin executive rooms have an actual sofa that does not convert. If they are allowing a rollaway bed for normal rooms to be operated then that's at the discretion of the hotel and the £10 additional charge is to cover their costs and probably breakfast for the 3rd person and is the Hilton's own charge. If you do a general search for Hilton rooms on their own website you'll see how much a non-convention room is in comparison to what is being charged. Edited by Samphirette

Hi, yes i knew that ME only advertised the twin rooms,its just thatquite a few people book triple rooms for this event so they needed to know the info.

Its always been possible at the Radisson and moving up to Birmingham has bought up this problem- its not always possible or viable for the third person to be put in a single room on their own or for them to share with a stranger. I realise this is not really a ME query but the hotel had booked people into the rooms months ago and is now saying its not possible if you were in a twin so this was for anyone not on the HW group on facebook i just wanted them to know so they could check their bookings.

the Hilton is a lovely hotel but in addition to the extra travelling up there it is expensive in comparison to London.

Edited by buffy2k

Just tried to go and see if any rooms were available and was first excited when I wasn't given the notice that there were no rooms available with the special rate. However, on closer inspection I noticed that the room option I was given had the price £138 per night on it and it was an executive room. Are those rooms now the only option there is?

Would be very nice to know if it's even possible there will be more con-rated twin rooms coming up. I fully understand that the organizer is busy with other events but it's been several weeks since I posted this questions for the first time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a spare bed, if you want to share and split the cost! The person who was interested has gone MIA on me. Email me at nakedwesley@gmail.com if you're interested. :)

Any more room rates going to be added? I know I've left it late to book lol but it's says there's no allocation left for either one or two adults and I don't really want to pay £99 a night for just me!

Xxx