Horror Convention

Haha I share the passion for horror old and new. You will find LFCC will have good selection of horror guests, it normally does!

Awesome screen name, now if Sherri Moon Zombie was announced I think I would release a happy scream lol.

On subject of horror V/H/S has been released this week. Very much talked about.

• Like 1

Love real Horror, i don't mind "scary movies" such as slasher flicks, but to me they only contain horror elements rather than are a true Horror film. Sometimes real things are more frightning than a made up boggyman or it's the things you don't see that strike terror.

Can NOT wait to see the new Evil Dead, it looks wicked!

• Like 2

Love real Horror, i don't mind "scary movies" such as slasher flicks, but to me they only contain horror elements rather than are a true Horror film. Sometimes real things are more frightning than a made up boggyman or it's the things you don't see that strike terror.

Can NOT wait to see the new Evil Dead, it looks wicked!

I cannot wait for new Evil Dead film. It does look awesome. Awesome display pic! That is freakin cool Zombie cosplay going on there.

It's nice to be surrounded by horror fans :-)

• Like 1

Thanks, i wore that to the Glasgow CollectorMania last year. I have a few more high quailty images of my costume in my Facebook pic folders if you wish to see more feel free to add me.

You can find a link on my profile page.

I'm a big fan of gore and pratical effects of cgi and other enhanced effects. With the right lighting, make-up and set you can create a real moody atmosphere much better than a computer effect is able to do. That's the appeal with Horror films for me, they tend to try to use as many pratical effects as possible.

The weta workshop is still THE go to place for creating builds that will always hold up over other effects, you can then use cgi and such to help enhance those real psyical effects to add even more debth. That to me is ten times better than any overly cgi'd film.

There aren't any horror-specific conventions in the UK. Horror is not percieved as being a genre which would generate enough interest and most importantly income in the UK. Horror guests do attend general cons, e.g. Robert Englund, but for a dedicated horror con I'm afraid we're living in the wrong continent. :jason:

They are a few zombie cons i know about that are in the UK, but can't say i know any genral Horror cons, though there is plenty of Horror related stuff all around the UK and there is a huge intrest for it.

There's not many event type cons i would be intrested in, but a Horror one would defo get me going.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

it would be awesome to have a horror con i think there is a big horror fan base in the uk they could have a horror film/tv show con with stars from american horror story,the walking dead,hemlock grove,true blood,dexter :)

• Like 1

HORROR CON ! HORROR CON ! HORROR CON !

Could be amazing....Ken Foree...David Emge...Gaylen Ross...Scott H. Reiniger...Tom Savini....George A. Romero....Tom Savini....Danielle Harris....... Sheri Moon & Rob Zombie......Robert Englund...Heather Langenkamp...Doug Bradley...Sid Haig.....Dee Wallace...... Kane Hodder....Bill Moseley......Linda Blair....Bruce Campbell....... Tony Todd....Gunnar Hansen....Lance Henriksen... Brad Dourif....

To name a few...........

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i 2nd,3rd,and 4th this...ive seen some of the line ups the US cons get and US is a big country and yet every area seems to get kick ass horro conventions theres loads: so i really dont see how they couldnt have one horror convention in the UK,

Edit: It is against forum rules to discuss/mention non-SM events so I have had to edit your post.

Edited by 1of2

Not sure if it was a Showmasters event, but there was one horror convention many years ago (in fact my 1st ever attended con) although it was very very small. Guests included was Caroline Monroe, Ingrid Pitt, Warwick Davis (I got him to do the Leprechaun voice, ha), Simon Bamford, and one of the Evil Dead ladies - among other guests that I can't remember.

From what I do remember it wasn't anything like how America do it, the turn out wasn't great either.

Horror in general is bigger in America, just go there during Halloween and you'll see what I mean. I do think the genre is expanding here in the UK and I do think a new event can be successful with the right guests. Germany has one of the biggest European annual horror event, maybe one day London can take that position!

• Moderators

I honestly think it's as much to do with costs as anything. The lucky thing about America is most of the guests are based over there so they can have a huge lineup at their various events with little cost to them getting the guests there. It's simply not the case here sadly.