Latest Guest Announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

showmasters

This deserved a build up ;)on maybe list

I remember last February very well, the forum crashed and the Gillian Anderson thread went absolutely haywire (because back then before that day the very thought of Gillian signing X-FIles was totally stupid "Yeah, like that was ever going to happen." and what a time that was, in fact it even made the National newspaper.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/sign-here-please-the-diehard-fans-wholl-do-anything-for-an-autograph-7831942.html?origin=internalSearch

Bloody hell!!!!!!! THis is deja vu all over again :)

It just so happens I've still got a load of stuff I'd like her to sign.

You need to go dressed as Scully this time...

And how the Smegging hell do you know I'm into that kind of thing? Suppose that it was that damned video of me was it? I can explain, I was in college, I needed the money and- wait you're just joshing aren't you chief? LOL I get it now ha ha ha.

*Wipes sweat off forehead and hides the six inch heels, suspender belt and- oh damn!*

• Like 1

Awesome... I hope the auto doesn't cost more than £25... I can't stretch anymore than that but I really want to meet her! :)

I couldn't attend last time, but looking at the previous forum, her autograph price appeared to be £45. It might change of course but I wouldn't think by much

Wow! Surprised she's back so soon but great all the same :clap: Nice one :thumbup:

Awesome... I hope the auto doesn't cost more than £25... I can't stretch anymore than that but I really want to meet her! :)

I couldn't attend last time, but looking at the previous forum, her autograph price appeared to be £45. It might change of course but I wouldn't think by much

Be shocked if it drops. Boil down to who you're willing sacrifice meeting to get her's, see if can afford a photo shoot instead or skip her altogether.

Personally I'll wait and see who else gets announced and try working out a budget closer to the time and maybe juggle things about though if she's not doing personalisations (be very surprised if she does as should be busy throughout) decision made for me :king:

very pleasantly surprised with this announcement, didn't think she would come again in terms of such a rare signer!

may have to meet her again and get an 8x10 of her with David... just in case :thumbup: slightly gutted got her at LFaCC now as only "dodgy" photos left the time I finished crewing and got over there, doh!! :WINCE: may have to get a new photo shoot too as last years was a bit too close up for me but at the time very happy to get a photo with her :coolthumb:

surfy sah xx

Wow! Surprised she's back so soon but great all the same :clap: Nice one :thumbup:

Be shocked if it drops. Boil down to who you're willing sacrifice meeting to get her's, see if can afford a photo shoot instead or skip her altogether.

Personally I'll wait and see who else gets announced and try working out a budget closer to the time and maybe juggle things about though if she's not doing personalisations (be very surprised if she does as should be busy throughout) decision made for me :king:

You'd be interested to maybe know that at her first appearance last year when she was at £45 she got through an understandingly large amount of people and she was personalising.

With someone of her Worldwide fame I'm guessing her price will still be around the same.

With someone of her Worldwide fame I'm guessing her price will still be around the same.

More to the point, whilst her re-appearance so soon may not have been predictable (one assumes that she found the experience far more pleasant/less dreadful than she imagined), it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth for everyone who spent out last year based on "This will be her first and only planed European signing, please do not expect to get another chance to meet Gillian in the near future and this will be a rare chance." if her price now was radically slashed. So based on being fair to those who supported her appearance last time, the fact that there are almost certainly people who didn't see her last time, or did but have other stuff to sign, meaning that there's still likely to be quite a demand, and assuming that she hasn't radically cut her fee, I would suspect that her price will indeed be pretty much around what itr was last time.

More to the point, whilst her re-appearance so soon may not have been predictable (one assumes that she found the experience far more pleasant/less dreadful than she imagined), it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth for everyone who spent out last year based on "This will be her first and only planed European signing, please do not expect to get another chance to meet Gillian in the near future and this will be a rare chance." if her price now was radically slashed. So based on being fair to those who supported her appearance last time, the fact that there are almost certainly people who didn't see her last time, or did but have other stuff to sign, meaning that there's still likely to be quite a demand, and assuming that she hasn't radically cut her fee, I would suspect that her price will indeed be pretty much around what itr was last time.

I, to be honest I was quite surprised when she was announced yesterday, for those of us who were on this forum last year would remember the "BIG GUEST!" thread and people throwing ALL kinds of names out there, for those of us who were ardent X-Files Fans we weren't even going to be so stupid as to guess it was Gillian for we all knew what she was like with signing X-Files.

Wasn't gonna happen.

Then of course the forum went nuts and crashed and I'd heard on Twitter who it was and I couldn't believe it! For many of us this was a huge thing at the time, and people were worried (I for one) if or not we'd see the dreaded "Guest cancellation..." between then and when she was due to attend.

I didn't exactly have the best kind of budget, although being a Fan I knew that this was a HUGE Guest and very rare, for those who either saw me on here or indeed on Twitterwould've seen me agonising over what to get signed or not get signed or how many to go for yadda yadda yadda.

Do I regret this?

IMG_9763.jpg

Nope. Will I be expletived off to the back teeth if she's any less? Not really, as I don't expect she will be - BUT if she is then whatever the price I am considering paying now wont be affected, I will STILL be going for the 5 limit because lets face it, this is Gillian we're talking about - my thinking is that if IF she is less (which I most certainly doubt) then I'll ask her to sign my paperback of "Great Expectations."

And, IF her price remains then there will be ardent Fans who will fork out (albeit in some cases begrudingly) the £45.

A BIG Guest demands a BIG price tag and those devoted enough will pay it.

*THinks to himself that not once has he spoken about Harrison Ford in this post- oops too late lol*

• Like 1

I, to be honest I was quite surprised when she was announced yesterday, for those of us who were on this forum last year would remember the "BIG GUEST!" thread and people throwing ALL kinds of names out there, for those of us who were ardent X-Files Fans we weren't even going to be so stupid as to guess it was Gillian for we all knew what she was like with signing X-Files.

Wasn't gonna happen.

Then of course the forum went nuts and crashed and I'd heard on Twitter who it was and I couldn't believe it! For many of us this was a huge thing at the time, and people were worried (I for one) if or not we'd see the dreaded "Guest cancellation..." between then and when she was due to attend.

I didn't exactly have the best kind of budget, although being a Fan I knew that this was a HUGE Guest and very rare, for those who either saw me on here or indeed on Twitterwould've seen me agonising over what to get signed or not get signed or how many to go for yadda yadda yadda.

Do I regret this?

Nope. Will I be expletived off to the back teeth if she's any less? Not really, as I don't expect she will be - BUT if she is then whatever the price I am considering paying now wont be affected, I will STILL be going for the 5 limit because lets face it, this is Gillian we're talking about - my thinking is that if IF she is less (which I most certainly doubt) then I'll ask her to sign my paperback of "Great Expectations."

And, IF her price remains then there will be ardent Fans who will fork out (albeit in some cases begrudingly) the £45.

A BIG Guest demands a BIG price tag and those devoted enough will pay it.

*THinks to himself that not once has he spoken about Harrison Ford in this post- oops too late lol*

Hi KingRichard76,

I understand that you are a true fan, as am I... but unfortunately it's not me as a person who is complaining about the price of her auto.. it is my bank account.

I am a father of 2 children and have a mortgage and can't afford to go and spend a lot of money to meet a lot of people and get a lot of autos... i wish i could.

I really really want to meet her, but if her auto does cost £45, then I won't be able to meet her. Not my choice i'm afraid.

:no: