Reviving the Norman Reedus thread

• Moderators

Hi All

Have been searching through the forums for some news on Norman Reedus making some kind of UK appearance this year and was just wondering if there has been any update as yet???, last post I can see was July. Would be brilliant to meet Norman and I'm sure tons of people would be so happy if SM got him over here

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Just reading on Twitter something about AMC not allowing the cast from TWD to appear at conventions anymore. Sean's written something about it, but I can't read everybody's responses so I'm not 100% sure if I've got the right end of the stick! If this is so, then we can kiss goodbye to Norman coming over to the UK.

What's that sound...... oh it's the noise of my heart breaking :(

It appears that AMC want a slice of the convention cash pot. Seems that most of the cast have now been told to only sign official TWD merchandise.

10 x 8's must be supplied by AMC (at additional cost to the actor) so that will push autograph prices up.

AMC are getting a lot of flak about it, though they own the TWD copyright and the actors are under contract, then it is their right to lay down guidelines. Perhaps the feedback from fans will made AMC reverse their decision or they will only allow actors to promote the show at events officially endorsed by AMC.

Who knows really.

What if you wanted like a DVD to be signed, would you guess that be looked at as official? Do they have anything against the actor signing stuff from other shows/films the actor has done? As in Norman here i would also have him sign some boondock saints items for me. Really annoying idea tbh and just smells of greed and arrogance from the companies side :(

• Moderators

Something like this would be confirmed by the organiser, so no point in worrying until a TWD guest is announced.

Personally I can't see SM going for something like this as its far too restrictive compared to the normal appearances, but it's just speculation at the moment.

We've had plenty of guests that supposedly didn't sign this or that before but they have.

Apparently its not looking likely because all of the dates of conventions are during filming, so he'll have to fly over Friday night after filming, and fly back Sunday night to film :/

Ta,

Che-Snake :/