Question about Peter Dinklage photo shoot

In Peter's photo shoot, how will it be done? Will both him and the other person in the photo be sitting down? With him being a little person pretty much everyone is going to be a fair bit taller than him and the photos might look a bit odd if they're both standing up. If they're both sitting down the height difference won't be so obvious and the photos will look better,

• Like 1

Any more word on this yet?

I will send an e-mail this evening to query it. Although with it being the weekend I'm not sure if I will receive a reply for a few days.

Thanks, would be nice to know before I buy a ticket!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

John - I believe it's a simple case of SM not knowing. Not being funny but why would they? This question has never come up before, I'm not sure I understand why it's such a big deal now! As far as I know no one has ever asked how the photo shoots with Kenny Baker, Mike Edmonds, Rusty Goffe, Peter Mayhew or Ian Whyte are going to be done.

It's honestly likely to be a discussion on the day between the photographer and Peter as to what will look best and what Peter feels comfortable with. It's not really an easy conversation to have over the phone with Peter's agent.

Too tall, I'm not trying to be a pain here I just wanted a simple answer from someone like yourself who might know the answer!

It's come up purely because I want to have a photo with Peter and never have with any of the other guests you have mentioned, hence my asking. I have asked because I have a back problem and bending would be an issue! If someone (from SM) had come on before and said it'll not be known until the day or in the past we have done xyz with certain similar guests it wouldn't be a problem. It's just the lack of an official answer.

Basically, if I'm gonna have to kneel or whatever for a photo then it's not worth buying and that is why is was asking. Just because it hasn't come up before doesn't make it a less valid question!

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

John, fair enough, I now see the issue.

Kenny usually sits on a chair and the attendee on a chair next to him, but I'd still say it's not likely to be known until the day what will happen with Peter.

As with anyone with a physical issue (like your back) we'll always do our best to help where we can. Even if it is a kneel that is decided on, a quick convo with the crew (red shirt is best) and they'll be able to sort something out. If for some reason they can't help, I'm always about, just ask for me, and we'll get something sorted.