Latest guest announcement - PETER DINKLAGE

He's one of the main people in one of the most successful current tv series, and an award winner for it.

Can't see how anyone can argue about his validity as a headliner.

If his peers rate him so highly, he's damn good enough for us!

Great guest for fans of the show, and well done SM - but if you surveyed 100 people (Family Fortunes style!) i'm guessing that less than 10% could name him....

EDIT: I have to add though, he was superb in Death at a Funeral (a great Frank Oz comedy if anybody hasn't seen it).

Edited by keithporter23
  • Like 3

That's all we can do and will ever do is compare, what's shows best, is this a "big guest" etc and I used these because it was the comparison that I was given in first place I haven't randomly chosen Buffy etc. Out of interest you state fantasy / superhero are u referring to BTVS as "superhero"

Oh I know you didn't pick those, I just like discussing stuff like this haha.

I guess I am, I know it goes down as fantasy and horror too but since she has superhuman qualities, I put her in that branch compared of GoT which is more fantasy in the LotR sense lol

I'm probably the only Threshold fan on here (there are a few of us about if you know where to look ;)

So I for one am very pleased with this. And I'm pleased for GoT fans too, I never watched GoT (not yet) but I appreciate how successful it is and how big it is for the fans who love it.

So anyway. He was in Threshold with my man Spiner so this is all good :)

And come on - don't you people remember Elf?! Comedy gold!

No - I enjoyed Threshold too. ;) Was most disappointed when it was cancelled.

And Peter was great in Elf (seriously, that one scene in which he appeared was my sole enduring memory of that movie from when I watched it several years ago). And Nip/Tuck. And Death At A Funeral. And Narnia. And he is unbelievably AWESOME in GoT! It's worth getting the DVD(s) just for him. I know it's this show that has really brought him to peoples' attention, but he's been doing great work for a fair while. So excited to get the chance to meet him.

• Moderators

Regardless of whether you're interested or not, people should be able to recognise getting this guy while he's still current and working n a huge show = headliner.

Think of Tony Soprano at an event during The Sopranos, or the Sex and the City ladies etc. They would all be headliners.

So many times we only get main cast years after a show is done. We're very used to that. GOT is a hot property and Peter even moreso. If you know your TV, you know this guy. Simple. Headliner whether YOU want to meet him or not. Arguably the best actor on TV currently!

• Like 3

That's all we can do and will ever do is compare, what's shows best, is this a "big guest" etc and I used these because it was the comparison that I was given in first place I haven't randomly chosen Buffy etc. Out of interest you state fantasy / superhero are u referring to BTVS as "superhero"

I guess I am, I know it goes down as fantasy and horror too but since she has superhuman qualities, I put her in that branch compared of GoT which is more fantasy in the LotR sense lol

That's cool just thought I'd ask :-) are you a game of thrones fan then?

Yep, and Peter's character is my favourite. So rather excited haha

Regardless of whether you're interested or not, people should be able to recognise getting this guy while he's still current and working n a huge show = headliner.

Think of Tony Soprano at an event during The Sopranos, or the Sex and the City ladies etc. They would all be headliners.

So many times we only get main cast years after a show is done. We're very used to that. GOT is a hot property and Peter even moreso. If you know your TV, you know this guy. Simple. Headliner whether YOU want to meet him or not. Arguably the best actor on TV currently!

Actually I know him from a Kate Hudson movie, not TV!

That's cool just thought I'd ask :-) are you a game of thrones fan then?

Yep, and Peter's character is my favourite. So rather excited haha

I have yet to see it, I want to and have met most of the GOT guests that have gone before with a friend, ill get round to watching it one day :-) glad your excited though.

Aw I'm jealous you've met the cast that have been already! Last year I was seeing so many guests I couldn't see the GoT case cos of money :) Thanks! Trust me when you watch it you'll love it :)

Well I'm really really excited. People always moan that SM don't get the leads in shows then they pull out of the hat the lead in one of the most popular shows worldwide and people complain!

Bring on the Thrones guests, the more the merrier, you only need to have looked at the size of the queues for these guys at previous events to realise that GOT is very popular.

• Like 2

Thing i don't get is imagine a few years ago when Buffy/Angel was first becoming big and SM got David Boreanaz, would u call that big? Of course everyone would so whats the difference here, Dinklage is the main star & a fan favorite of the biggest show on TV at the moment, Showmasters have pulled out a cracking guest in my opinion!!

• Like 2

I have no doubt ill love it :-) did you do the photo with the GoT throne.

Unfortunately not :( I was too busy on the Sunday when I got round to it they'd closed haha. My friend got one though and I saw all the pics on the tables after printing. So cool!

Unfortunately not :( I was too busy on the Sunday when I got round to it they'd closed haha. My friend got one though and I saw all the pics on the tables after printing. So cool!

Oh no, I'm sure it will be back, it has to be at some point and you'll have to make sure you fit it in, it's good that Showmarsters have started this kind of photoshoot.

I'd love to have a pic with it haha. No idea how I'd pose though, I'd look rather feeble on it haha

Oh no, I'm sure it will be back, it has to be at some point and you'll have to make sure you fit it in, it's good that Showmarsters have started this kind of photoshoot.

I'd love to have a pic with it haha. No idea how I'd pose though, I'd look rather feeble on it haha

The seat's actually a lot smaller than you'd think. xD I went for a sprawled pose and almost fell off it! Looked good on the photo though. :D

The seat's actually a lot smaller than you'd think. xD I went for a sprawled pose and almost fell off it! Looked good on the photo though. :D

haha thats awesome! i think more to do with the 'powerful' pose people pull looking all serious. i couldnt pull that off :P

I'm sure you would do it justice, they kinda tell you how to pose I was worried more for the face its hard to be serious when you have your friends making ya laugh I had to send them away but of course I returned the favour with their turn.

haha I'm terrible at posing so I'd prob look dorky on it :P

Well I hope you don't mind me saying but your forum photo would suggest otherwise.

haha aw thanks :) I don't look like I want to be a Queen though. Throne is intimidating! :P

Well I hope you don't mind me saying but your forum photo would suggest otherwise.

haha aw thanks :) I don't look like I want to be a Queen though. Throne is intimidating! :P

It was a little I won't lie but fun none the less, just have own it or at least try lol easier said than done

I'll put my best arrogant face on if it's there again :P