Showmasters are coming to Wales!

• Showmasters Admin

Showmasters Ltd are branching out with the new Cardiff Film & Comic Con!

We will be taking over the Motorpoint Arena (formally the Cardiff International Arena) to bring the London Film and Comic Con experience to Wales. The very first guests have already been confirmed and we are now working on many more, to bring you a wide range of popular names, new faces and some firm favourites. And as well as the guests we are planning on plenty of displays, fan zones and all the other attractions you expect at a Showmasters event.

Our new website is up and running and the finishing touches will be added over the next week. Click on www.cardiffcomiccon.com and bookmark the site to keep an eye on all the forthcoming updates.

The online shop is also now live with entry and the first photo shoot tickets available. Click on the "Buy Tickets" button at the top of the CFCC website.

So mark the date in your diaries and keep watching this space for great new guest announcements and event developments coming soon!

pleased i may have an excuse to visit Cardiff again, a dozen local minor New Seres Who/Torchwood guest stars (not regulars) might be enough to draw me in, but surprised you go for the Comic Con name rather than Collectomaina Cardiff. That's more a unique brand name. Anyone can put on a comic con.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

we used London Film & Comic Con first before anyone in the UK used anything like it then someone else used something slimmer , we have used Collectormania but it dose not sum up that some of our events are not just about collectables so film and comic con covers all the bases .

we have found also film companies understand what a comic con is and that helps us when working with them

jason

That is great news :clap: It is nice to see someone of the likes of Showmasters putting their financial clout behind a venture into the uncharted waters that is South Wales!!! Now don't get me wrong, I know there are a few small autograph and comic shows scattered around my home land BUT we are yet to experience anything of the calibre of a Showmasters show. So bring it on guys and I can guarantee you a welcome in the hillsides etc etc :smile:

Best of all it means that I can attend a top-quality show which is literally a 40 minute train ride away which means NOT getting up at 4 am and travelling for hours and hours down the motorway in a car full of Who fans :no: (Only kidding guys. You know Who you are) lol.

I for one will be supporting this show 100% and I hope many, many others will do likewise in order to make this Showmasters venture into Wales a resounding success :smile: I guess it will ultimately come down to the guest list and who is able to attend form the word of TV and Film so let's see some big names and fresh faces to pull in the punters and make it a good one :clap:

'Diolch Yn Fawr' Jason

• Like 2

Even though I'm not from Cardiff and actually live in Brighton (which is much closer to London) the south west do seem to be lacking in Showmasters events so I'm thrilled that they are spreading out even more and bringing some comic con fun to a new part of the country! :D

This is great news and not just because I live in the Cardiff area. I travel all over the UK for these events, so I hope to see people from far and wide making the effort to come here. Cardiff has a lot to offer visitors, so make the most of your visit.

I also hope to see some of the bigger names listed, as I'm not a big Doctor Who fan. Robert Englund is a great start and I have my Freddy glove ready for him to sign.

Thanks Showmasters!