Torchwood tour on Sat night

showmasters

Getting antsy as we booked accommodation months ago, have bough entry tickets and some of our photo ops. But still no news on the tour!

Majority of the Torchwood cast now booked for other events *sigh* HOW is the tour supposed to go ahead? WHY weren't Torchwood guests booked for this event before becoming busy with other events?

Edited by rainbow_tardis
  • Like 1

Its way to quiet. So again: any news?

The posts made in June still stand. ;) An update will be posted when it is available.

I think the problem is we haven't heard anything since January when the tour was announced. I can't even see anything on the FB group since 30th January. This has lost all momentum from an outsiders perspective, maybe there are things going on in the background, but it just doesn't feel like it. It doesn't feel like the tour is going to meet expectations set by posts saying there'll be a guide for each bus, photos with cast etc...

• Like 2

Totally agree with rainbow_tardis. I booked hotel and tickets months ago because this event was made out to be a big Torchwood event.

Now most of the cast are booked at other events. Really disappointed.

• Like 2

I suggest getting Freema as she was in Torchwood as well!

Ooh Freema and David I like it ;-)

that would be brilliant!

James Marsters would be a great too ;-)

He would be amazing :D

Sadly I just spotted he's also doing this other event the rest of the Torchwood cast are doing the same weekend :(

Eliza Dushku is also busy *mega sigh*

I'm feeling more and more like this wasn't properly planned! Why make it out to be something amazing when we can all see the Torchwood cast is now busy that weekend??

Edited by rainbow_tardis

I suggest getting Freema as she was in Torchwood as well!

Ooh Freema and David I like it ;-)

that would be brilliant!

James Marsters would be a great too ;-)

He would be amazing :D

Sadly I just spotted he's also doing this other event the rest of the Torchwood cast are doing the same weekend :(

Eliza Dushku is also busy *mega sigh*

I'm feeling more and more like this wasn't properly planned! Why make it out to be something amazing when we can all see the Torchwood cast is now busy that weekend??

Oh sigh

• Like 1

Initial response Wow Wow Wow :)

Torchwood Guests,

host for each coach,

photo shoot with some cast

Reality

Disappointment :(

1 guest and yes I appreciate its awesome Kai but the event was promoting insinuating several TW guests

1 host therefore prob 1 coach

Photo shoot in front of tower - probably wont happen and if it does - 1 TW guest

I think Showmasters have misled the TW fan base on this one big time especially likening it to what used to happen at the Hub events.

I was disappointed when Showmasters ended the Hub events as there were plenty of guest actors who had been in TW at one time or another and personally I think if Showmasters had gone to one Hub event a year rather than the two as there are so many other popular fandom conventions it was unrealistic to expect people to go to two TW ones a year.

I am sure even now if Showmasters did a TW one especially after the break in them and the initial excitement about what was supposed to be being offered at this one, there would be enough interest to do one. I know so many people were disappointed nothing was said after the initial announcement on this one, as I think if more had been forthcoming following the announcement people would have attended in numbers.

As it is I think Showmasters have shot themselves in the foot with this one and anyone who brought tickets based on the initial things being dangled including me will think twice before jumping in and supporting Showmasters upfront prior to knowing the full details.

Such a shame as I think this could have been a great event for TW fans...

On the Saturday night after the show has closed we will be taking people on a tour of the filming locations of Torchwood

we also plan to have a host for each of the coaches that will be taking the groups around these locations , they will be stopping at some of the famous sites and letting people off to take photos , and at cardiff bay we will be having a pro photo shoot in front of the Torchwood tower with some of the cast members of the show.

lots more to come on this , we have lots planed but need to sign off a few things before we can let you all know what we have planned , but people that have attended our Hub events will know what we had in mind , there is a line that has to be walked over and we intended to do just that on this tour :-)

tickets and prices to come soon but pencil this in your diaries :-)

jason

I have to say I completely agree with Tiggerboing.

After the first announcement there was plenty of time to book the main cast before they signed to anything else.

massively disappointed and now I've got a ticket for Saturday that I'm probably not going to use

• Like 1

Sorry. But must ask again. Any news. Coming from Germany (especially for this tour). Want to buy my photo opps. And don't want to pay the shipping costs twice. And we are really closed before the event! The first announcment for the tour was in January. And you promised us details soon!!!

I hate the negativity that I'm feeling now:-

It's Cardiff home of Dr Who and TW, it may well be home but not at this con

Also sold a dud on the "whole" Red Dwarf cast.

Must admit if I hadn't already paid for entry, hotel and train (and booked the time off work) I'd probably have not bothered, but when you're a family of 4 going to a con and hotel rooms seemed to be going fast I had to book and hope all the initial hype came true. I know everything is subject to actors commitments but I could say I'm doing a con in Bristol with the entire cast of every Star Trek franchise ever are atending and then nearer the time have everyone slowly pull out and put really tight restrictions on refunds. Anyway I hate being negative only 37 days to go yay!