Traffic jams during the event weekend? Train or bus?

angelbacchae

Maybe you could help me. Last year was my first Milton Keynes convention and on Friday the bus from Heathrow to Milton Keynes was about two hours late, due to bank holiday and Queen celebration. On Sunday no sign of traffic jams and we were back in Heathrow early.

How about this year?

I just booked my flights and I would like to know if there will be heavy traffic on Monday? And which do you recommend: train or bus? I'm flying to Heathrow again and I'm tempted to take a bus, because it's so easy and cheaper than train.

Looking forward to this event!

• 2 months later...

incase you haven't yet booked anything, the genius of a train from MK to Euston is that it takes a mere 30mins if you go via Virgin and is like a tenner (£10) the tube from there to Heathrow is only 1 change (3 stops on the Victoria line to Green Park - suitcase and disabled friendly unlike L.Square) then direct to Heathrow, allow about 45mins-1hour :coolthumb:

surfy sah xx

no worries :smile:

just re-read my post, I want to make it clear that the 45mins-1hour should be allowed for the tube journey alone NOT in total! it MAY be possible to do the entire journey in 1hour15mins but most definately allow 1h30mins, especially when travelling to the airport is concerned, more is better!!

my advice would be to make sure you have enough money on your Oyster card BEFORE you take a train to MK (as travelling at peak time can cost up to like £9 zone 6-1) as it will be a lot less hassle than trying to put money on it when you are heading to the airport - you can also top-up online and register your Oyster card incase you loose it then you will get the money back :coolthumb:

surfy sah xx

if you can avoid travelling before 0900 on FRIDAY you can get the off-peak Oyster fair (I think £3 or less Heathrow to Euston-double check on the Oyster website) as weekends and the bank holiday Monday do not have peak charges, sorry I should have put that in my last post :coolthumb:

surfy sah xx