First headliner guest announcement of 2013 for LFCC

While I'm sure he has a large fanbase he's not really a household name to the average Joe.

I agree that he's not a household name, which is what I was expecting. I love the SoIaF books, but never really got into the tv series. My sister will be happy about this announcement though as she loves the show, so I'm glad she'll be happy! However, I really, really wish there hadn't been such a long build-up - I think people (including me!) got their hopes up too high.

I like GOT and Peter Dinklage but the build up to this announcement was far to much for this guest.

Hes great in GOT and this is good news for fans but this isn't the what i was bargaining for. I still haven't decided if im going to LFCC yet and was hoping this announcement enticed me. Oh well.

• Like 2

Is he seriously this big announcement? Surely not. SM said it was a 'show maker, a real headliner who would have people talking' This can't be the guy surely?!

Well it has got us talking, just not in the way we were expecting to talk about it! My husband, who does like conventions, is even disappointed!

• Like 1

I love Peter Dinklage but no, not a 'show maker' as a lot of his work has been in more minor fandoms/genres. He's also appeared at quite a few cons, so I think this is semantics rather than facts (he's done panels, but possibly not signed). Still, I shall be there :D

I agree that I was expecting someone more well known. However, I guess you have to take into account that GoT is pretty massive right now (though I don't watch it myself) and Jason and SM are fans themselves so they were excited to get him. I do enjoy these threads but if SM is reading, maybe in future just use them for annocements of people who pretty much everyone would know and is connected to a number of fandoms and been around a long time.

• Like 1