First headliner guest announcement of 2013 for LFCC

My money is on Harrison Ford. He's done a bunch of private signings, just a matter of time before he does a public signing

And would you be prepared to spend 100's of pounds to pay for his Autograph?

Because lets face it, he's a MAJOR Hollywood player and theres no way his Auto would be around the £30 mark.

My money is on Harrison Ford. He's done a bunch of private signings, just a matter of time before he does a public signing

Because lets face it, he's a MAJOR Hollywood player and theres no way his Auto would be around the £30 mark.

Of course I would. Who in their right mind would expect his autograph to be £30?

• Like 2

I would if its the only chance to get his Auto

Of course I would. Who in their right mind would expect his autograph to be £30?

Thank you :)

My major gripe with people expecting big names is when they are finally announced you get people whinging on about the price of the Auto. I'm not too sure what the maximum price in Showmasters history an Autograph has been but the most I've known an actor to be was Harrisons costar in Star Wars Mark Hamill being around the £85 mark.

Personally, I'd be over the moon IF Harrison was announced (but I dont see it happening) also you can bet that IF he is ever announced people would (as some are prone to do) query the price and think it would be too steep.

"Show maker" makes me think it's a writer/creator of a tv show or movie, rather than an actor.

Imo... but I think that people would argue against me, the writers or creators arent arent usually as famous as the actors, but when they are, they are REALLY big...

I think the writers and creators that would be called Show makers would be to busy to come.

And when it comes to Harrison Ford... well I think he would be to expensive for my taste, therefor I would rather hope its someone else.

(although I would propably standing there in cue paying up anyways if it was him ;) )

"Drew Barrymore won't as she's just had her baby and is promoting a new makeup line in America,"

Well I say that this is more of a bigger chance than if the person would be active filming, since she isn´t filming I would still bet that she might come here, perhaps at the same time promoting her makeupline here in Europe. :) The baby on the other hand makes it more of an ... if.

What I hope and what I believe are two different things, but Im sure that I wont be dissapointed :) (atleast if I stop hoping to much) ;)

Edited by Wondermoose

I'd like Harrison, but i would hate to think of the price for an auto, it would be even more if it was a multi signed piece by carrie and mark!!! Lets hope it is though!!

Acually although I could be wrong i HIGHLY doubt it is, he's been offered hundreds of thousands of dollars to make appearances and turned them down!

If SM did pull it off it would go down in history:p

Edited by SquirtchyErchie

Why announce this way to early? just announce him/her like any other guest all this speculation is irrelevant we could spend a lifetime saying i hope its him/her/it but to be honest what is the point? Its the same as guest suggestions i got a list as long as my arm of who i would like to suggest but again i dont see the validity of it.

Not wanting to tread on anyones toes or upset anyone but all im saying is just wait until friday and see who it is. Then again as the organisers know who it is why couldnt they just announce it from the off? its like we got a big guest but we cant tell you who it is yet as its a secret. Well if its a secret why tease us in the first place?

And it wont be a secret anymore from saturday will it?

• Like 3

Why announce this way to early? just announce him/her like any other guest all this speculation is irrelevant we could spend a lifetime saying i hope its him/her/it but to be honest what is the point? Its the same as guest suggestions i got a list as long as my arm of who i would like to suggest but again i dont see the validity of it.

Not wanting to tread on anyones toes or upset anyone but all im saying is just wait until friday and see who it is. Then again as the organisers know who it is why couldnt they just announce it from the off? its like we got a big guest but we cant tell you who it is yet as its a secret. Well if its a secret why tease us in the first place?

And it wont be a secret anymore from saturday will it?

Valid questions all of them, what is really the point with announcing that one will announce, I mean last year if Gillian would have been announced just like that, it would have created a thunderstorm of comments anyways, no one would have missed that! And especially not this long before the event. Karl Urban on the other hand was perhaps good so it would be noticed since it was very close to the event.

And wouldnt have left anyone dissapointed, I mean, Im not dissapointed if a guest is announced why would I be?! Unless I first think that the one being announced is someone else. I might not be dissapointed even then, but there is a chance i might. (therefor as I stated earlier I wont speculate too much on who it might be and hope to much well mainly not hope to much, speculation is actually rather fun)

Edited by Wondermoose

• Moderators

Jason et al enjoy the fun, and like to keep people guessing. In the end, why not? It doesn't hurt anyone. Everyone gets the fun of anticipation and a guessing game. Even if it's not who you wanted, it's not like you're going to die from the heartbreak or something. No one loses anything.

It's just a bit of fun. People that get wound up by it are silly really.

• Like 3

Jason et al enjoy the fun, and like to keep people guessing. In the end, why not? It doesn't hurt anyone. Everyone gets the fun of anticipation and a guessing game. Even if it's not who you wanted, it's not like you're going to die from the heartbreak or something. No one loses anything.

As long as we get a clue or two every day we keep playing ;)

we got to clues today its not Arnie and its not Sly unfortunitly

we got to clues today its not Arnie and its not Sly unfortunitly

I saw :)

Just to weigh in on a couple of suggestions here -

Viggo Mortensen has done a ton of signings over the years.

Did Ewan McGregor do book signings to promote Long Way Round? He was certainly scheduled for some public reading events for that book.