GUEST DAYS AND PRICES Updated 05/07/2013

Would it be possible to confirm if Philip Hinchcliffe is definitely doing a photo shoot? It's been listed since he was announced months ago on here and the website, but has never been added to the store

When I met him at an event last year, he wasn't even allowing desk photos (there was no photoshoot option), so I'm getting wary as to whether he's actually up for a shoot. Of course I'd love one, so I hope it goes ahead.

Edited by MinkyKnights

Would it be possible to confirm if Philip Hinchcliffe is definitely doing a photo shoot? It's been listed since he was announced months ago on here and the website, but has never been added to the store

We've asked when the question came up here about two weeks ago. No confirmation as of yet.

Hi, I've been to plenty of SM events but never for a comic artist - does anyone know how they charge?

I imagine an autograph is a flat rate as with the other guests, but do they also have a convention sketch charge?

The comic artists are normally happy to sign for free. They are charging for sketches, correct. Usually they have price lists on the day. But I'm going to check if any lists can possibly be posted in advance.

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

Question for the Showmasters people or anyone else that can offer advice:

My BF has bought a few photoshoot tickets for me as an anniversary present and he says he got the tickets in the post this week, although one he paid for is missing :grump: (he has the email receipt for it from when he ordered however).

He's tried to contact Showmasters via the email but has had no response. I am guessing there is no telephone number he can call to resolve this?

Thanks!

(UPDATE: it was for himself and Lena Headley).

Edited by BeenieBum

Hi everyone!

Question for the Showmasters people or anyone else that can offer advice:

My BF has bought a few photoshoot tickets for me as an anniversary present and he says he got the tickets in the post this week, although one he paid for is missing :grump: (he has the email receipt for it from when he ordered however).

He's tried to contact Showmasters via the email but has had no response. I am guessing there is no telephone number he can call to resolve this?

Thanks!

(UPDATE: it was for himself and Lena Headley).

Is it possible your boyfriend sent me an e-mail earlier today? First name Paul? If so I've already enquired.

I see the details for Ling Tai's photo shoot on the store details it as Saturday, despite her attending Sunday only. Can i assume that it's an error on the store?

I was assuming it is an error when I saw last night. But clarification has already been requested.

EDIT: It is an error, will be changed.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

We've asked when the question came up here about two weeks ago. No confirmation as of yet.

He is not doing a photosession.

I can never quite understand the logic behind certain photoshoots. Ling Tai is only really known for Spatz and Doctor Who: Battlefield, and yet she has a solo photoshoot. I can't imagine people wanting a professional photo because of Spatz. Her role in Battlefield wasn't massive either, but if she'd been part of a group Battlefield photo with Sylvester and Angela Bruce, a lot more people would go for it. When I suggested group photo shoots on here, I was shot-down with claims that some people just wouldn't be popular enough to justify having a photo session. But that's just not the case. A quick look at some of the last Collectormania photo shoots on the Photo Store show that some guests have less than a handful of attendees. So popularity is not an issue.

Edited by Zagreus

• Moderators

I can never quite understand the logic behind certain photoshoots. Ling Tai is only really known for Spatz and Doctor Who: Battlefield, and yet she has a solo photoshoot. I can't imagine people wanting a professional photo because of Spatz. Her role in Battlefield wasn't massive either, but if she'd been part of a group Battlefield photo with Sylvester and Angela Bruce, a lot more people would go for it. When I suggested group photo shoots on here, I was shot-down with claims that some people just wouldn't be popular enough to justify having a photo session. But that's just not the case. A quick look at some of the last Collectormania photo shoots on the Photo Store show that some guests have less than a handful of attendees. So popularity is not an issue.

There are plenty of reasons why shoots aren't scheduled. From deciding whether it's worth scheduling them, to what room is on the schedule, financial contracts and also whether the guest even wants to do a shoot. It's simply not possible for every guest to do a shoot, and we're never going to be privy to exact reasons as to why each one doesn't happen.

Edited by DavidB

I've never met a comic guest here before. I'd like to meet David Lloyd this time but I notice comic guests aren't on the list - does this mean they attend all days? If not, which day(s) is David Lloyd attending? Thanks very much.

I've never met a comic guest here before. I'd like to meet David Lloyd this time but I notice comic guests aren't on the list - does this mean they attend all days? If not, which day(s) is David Lloyd attending? Thanks very much.

I've requested confirmation on which Comic guys are there Friday. Unless otherwise announced the comic guests will definitely be there Saturday and Sunday. I'll crosscheck if there's a one day appearance. But normally that's put in the announcement topic if it's known yet.

Thomas Sangster still attending? He is not on the list.

I don't recall him being announced for this event, and the forum search is not showing anything either. He was announced for Collectormania 19 but had to cancel.

Edit: He is not listed on the website under attending guests or cancelled guests. I'm drawing a blank I'm afraid.

Edited by 1of2

• Showmasters Admin

peter is £20 an a bargain at that as this is one of his rare trips to the UK as he is finding it very hard to keep flying over here now

and Ray has been £25 for this event from the start

hope that helps

showmasters

Tom Hopper's autograph was for 10 on the website yeterday...now it's 15, it may be a little difference, but I'm on a low budget. Oh well.

I noticed too! Don't mind though.. still going to meet him