Hotels

StuartG2198

• Moderators

Hi Al

So originally I was planning on trying to travel from the Lake District down to MK and back during the day but having a rethink it would probably feel like a very rushed day and as its my first I want to enjoy it, so am looking at stopping over Friday/Saturday and travelling back Sunday can anyone recommend any good and most importantly close hotels.

Stu

The closest would be the stadium hotel, but that's blocked as far as I know.

Will you have a car or do you have a special budget in mind? The Travel Lodge at the train station is a favorite choice for a lot of attendees, and it's very close to the bus station too.

Will be taking the train down, is the travelodge within walking distance of MK DONS

No. The only hotel I know of within walking distance is the stadium hotel. Like I said, that one currently can't be booked, no rooms available.

I tried to book a while ago and was told the same thing. I'm guessing SM have booked them all and will be selling their inflated party package tickets. Personally, I enjoyed it last year being able to just book a room online, without all the rest of the crap....

Looks like there will be a few of us attending only one day if we can't stay at the hotel....

• 2 months later...

Last year I stayed at the Campanile in Fenny Stratford & will be doing the same again. I travel by train and go straight to MK Dons via the free bus with my case. I personally don't mind dragging it around as it's quite small and doesn't get in the way. The Campanile is just over a mile away from the Dons and town which is perfect for me. Personally I like the walk to the hotel after a day of conventioning but it's not for everyones taste!

hi all

so Now i am really thinking about flying ( do not live in the uk ) to this event and in need of some help i have been to MK years ago and a lot has changed 1st i am in need of a good chip place to stay for 5 nights close = walking distance ( 30 min walke is ok by me as long as it is simpel and i can't get lost ) from the event . any recommendation will help a LOT , i just googled and got so many places prices to high and nothing near the event a B&B will be excellent also.

i get that the event is free , admission is free , But autographs and photos are Not , how much time do i have for thaws since i do need to sort flying , sleeping etc 1st ? any other advice is alwis welcome

thanks all in advance

Nili

Edited by NiliBerl