heads up everyone

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

just so you all know so far this event has only sold around 140 tickets , it will go ahead 100% so do not worry about that :-) but i think we all need to be aware that if we do not get to around 400 tickets sold the event will not cover itself and it looks very much like that is the case and as such this is looking like it will be the last Twilight event for us .

we love running them and wish to have been able to do so for many years but everything has a end and its looking like ET 9 will be the last one , we only asked the fans to keep them going if the support was there for us to keep running them , and on the day 80% of the 800 of you seemed to want us to keep on going if the interest was there , so we have ET9 , the event will still be a full on event and we plan to go out with a bang and do some things we have not done before so you will all have a great time but we just wanted to let you all know that it will most likely be the last ET :-(

So if you have not been to one this is your last chance to do so and if you have been to one this will be your last chance to hangout with your fellow fans and have a Twilight weekend so we hope to see you all there and go out in a bang :-)

jason

• Like 1

Admittedly, I'm gutted, but I can hold on to hope, I know lots of people want to go and just haven't brought tickets yet.

I have my ticket and I always make sure I have one incase the one I go to is the last one and I'd regret missing it,

If this ends up the last one, we'll make sure it goes out with a bang!

I am really sad especially after so many were in support of going ahead with ET9!

All I can say is thank you for putting on these conventions over the last 4 years, they've been brilliant!!!

I've been to every event since proms and gold for most... Or silver at the very least.

At ET8 I spent a lot of additional money - even did the auction dinner with the guests as I was 'going out on a high' thinking ET8 was the last event.

I'd like to have done ET9 seeing as its likely to be the last event, but I've always struggled with the feb events because they are only ever 4 months after the October events (why weren't they done 6 months apart?!) - so less time to get cash together! And with how much I spent at ET8, there is no way I'd be able to get the cash needed together for Feb!

Disappointed I won't be there as a long time attendee and disappointed still that ET8 wasn't the last. Should have gone out on a high!

• Like 1

Absolutely devastated these cons have been the highlights of my year but understand they can't run at a loss. I have my ticket and will be there in style but as someone said before is there absolutely no way they can be yearly coz I know loads of people who would go to the next one but can't afford this so close to Xmas......???

Any chance of yearly ones? I know funds have been a problem for most this time!

Pretty please consider a yearly con... I am coming next month but not without huge struggle. In October everyone is better off, Feb is alway quiet, noone has pennies after christmas.

But know this I will do everything I can in my power to spread the word as are many others right now... these conventions mean so much to so many people we need to keep them going!!

• Like 1

Any chance of yearly ones? I know funds have been a problem for most this time!

Pretty please consider a yearly con... I am coming next month but not without huge struggle. In October everyone is better off, Feb is alway quiet, noone has pennies after christmas.

But know this I will do everything I can in my power to spread the word as are many others right now... these conventions mean so much to so many people we need to keep them going!!

What she said ^^^^ good point well made. Failing that...The Mortal Instruments con anybody????

• Like 1

oh that is sad :(

i soooo loved this events but i also had a feeling at ET8 when you ask that and 80% say yes that most of them have their own rules and want big names to attend.

Maks me sad because the line up is fab.

Lots of people wrote they have not the money and it was to close :(

No matter what i can not wait for et9 to have a fab weekend

can not wait to see what ME has planned for us

AND A BIG THANKS FOR NOT CANCELLING THE EVENT!!!!

When it was asked at ET8 how people felt, it should have been put to a vote on here and not down to cheers on the day. Alot of people wernt happy with the announcment at all as they had spent all their money already on 'the last ever et' and knew that it would be impossible for them to attend. Its a shame its gonna go out like this, rather than with a bang and lots of attendees. I will be coming in feb but am having to cut back massively in order to do it and cant buy my ticket till the saturday of the con. As already said about a yearly con, it would be much better for peoples pockets.

Mr Bewley always increases ticket sales :) lol

If I had the money I would be there. As others have said I didn't think there would be another I had not saved up. I have gained so many happy memories from these events I would love to have been there, especially as it looks like the last one, but unfortunately I think false hope was given by the cheers at ET8. Maybe a resurection in a few years would be possible - and I'd definately be there!!

xx

this is such sad news :-( which sucks! I brough a gold ticket when normally I buy standard for the reason so I could get better seats at talks etc disappointed to find out I could have saved myself a lot off money and brought a standard ticket and still got a good seat at the talks with very few people attending I hope were still be called in by ticket types and numbers regardless to the emount off people there :-D not being funny so im very sorry if anyone reads the and gets annoyed reading this just this was meant to be something special and my last con as im getting married next year and couldn't afford it again. I even spent some off my wedding fund on my gold ticket pmsl. see you all there can't wait even though I had that little moan im still mega excited. see u all soon x

• Like 2

• Moderators

The problem as always is a yearly event isn't guaranteed a decent lineup. It actually makes it harder to get good guests because there's only 1 date you can offer them, and I still think the majority of fans nowadays will attend ETs because of the guest lineup.

• Showmasters Admin

just so you all know , we will be loosing money on this event but it will not stop us putting on the best event we can like always , and we are still talking to some guests that have said they would like to attend as they just want to do one before they go for ever so do keep an eye on this forum and web site for updates and if we do get to pull something off we will let you all know.

i just to give everyone the heads up so no one can say well if i had known there was going to be this guest or that guests i would have come , so we are still working on guests so lets see .

jason

• Like 2